To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of duties to support the electronic medical record as it pertains to the quality assurance/review and retrieval of transcribed reports and the distribution of carbon copies as required for the legal medical record, patient care, risk management, and reimbursement. Maintains computer databases used in these processes ensuring that information is accurate and HIPAA compliant.
- 1. Maintains the databases for the department?s various computer systems; dictation system, Fluency (transcription vendors application) and notifies the Epic Security team of new or provider changes for all delivery networks. Ensures that the data entered is accurate and HIPPA compliant in order to meet the needs of the department and the hospital.
- 1.1 Enters new physician/resident/dictator users daily for any of the delivery networks into the three system databases following the established procedure for entering the data. Ensuring that the data for the dictator is correct in all three systems so that the correct user information will appear correctly on the transcribed document.
- 2. Monitors daily the MModal Docqroute application for all delivery networks for jobs which failed to import or where placed on hold by the transcription vendor for HIM review. Maintains quality and productivity standards established by the department.
- 2.1 Reviews the documents returned from the transcription vendor which have failed to import into Epic due to missing/inaccurate information. Verifies accuracy of patient information which often requires listening to the voice file before editing the electronic document for importing to ensure the correct ADT information is chosen.
- 3. Monitors and reconciles the Epic Interface Error Work queues for all delivery networks for transcribed reports and Incoming Order Based which errored and failed to upload to Epic. In accordance with the department policy and procedure for resolving the various error codes which pertain to warnings or fatal errors.
- 3.1 Highlights the job and review the bottom pane for a summary of the error. Uses the various buttons on the top button bar of the Interface Error Workqueue window to manage/resolve the error.
- 4. Reviews the operative notes for all delivery networks daily returned from the transcription vendor for quality assurance of missing or incorrect information, formatting, and dictations done by mid-levels, fellows passed to the attending for signature.
- 4.1 Corrects any documents where the transcriptionist or the vendor failed to pull the physician from Epic SER provider database.
- 5. Completes clerical duties as assigned.
- 5.1 Reviews all returned certified mail for address accuracy in the MSO database. Sends corrections to EPIC Security for updates via email.
High school graduate or equivalent required formalized medical record technician training preferred.
One (1) year working in a health care environment or related activities; experience navigating electronic systems; light analysis of data and technical problem-solving.
Strong computer skills. Accurate (30-35 wpm) keyboard skills. Ability to operate peripheral devices (e.g. printers, fax machines, photocopiers). Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of medical terminology and excellent PC skills required. Knowledge of various software packages.