To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the performing a range of duties required to coordinate charge entry and charge capture responsibilities. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- 1. Assisting in the ongoing updates of CPT and ICD10 Notifying physicians of changes within each specialty; evaluating procedure codes and diagnosis on an ongoing basis and recommending corrections and changes for continuous improvement; Reviewing coding guidelines for OP reports, Multi-Specialty Surgeons, Physician Assistants, hospitalists and other departments; attending seminars and reviewing relevant materials on coding guidelines.
- 2. Ensuring that the appropriate ICD10 codes are assigned by following HCFA guidelines and maintaining less than 2% error rate; Using appropriate CPT code guidelines to insure proper reimbursement; maintaining coding error rate below 3% as noted on supervisory review of coding audits.
- 3. Reviewing accounts in Charge WQs on daily basis; applying coding rules and follow NEMG policy and procedure when processing physicians charges for billing; Requesting missing information necessary to release the charges. Releasing charges from WQ on daily basis (charge cannot be in WQ longer than 3 days from the date received).
- 4. Reviewing accounts in Follow Up WQ on daily basis; completing Follow-Up WQ with in 5 days.
- 5. Following procedures established for monthly charge capture reconciliation.
- 6. Demonstrating exceptional customer service toward internal and external customers.
- 7. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Graduate or GED required.
Certified Professional Coding Certification required. Minimum two (2) years related experience with ICD 10 coding, CPT coding, and medical terminology. One (1) or more years of coding experience a plus.
Certified Professional Coding Certification required.
Excellent customer service skills. Proficient Keyboard Skills and Good Organizational Skills. Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office. Exceptional teamwork and ability to multitask. Excellent communication skills.