To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Directly reporting to the Vice President, Post Acute Care Services, the Performance Manager, Post Acute Care will work collaboratively with the members of the care continuum and post acute care services leadership, management and medical staff leadership. S/he is responsible for providing direction, planning, implementation, evaluation and consultation to ensure that safety, quality and patient experience standards across the preferred network of home health and skilled nursing facilities are successfully met or exceeded. This involves working to improve communication, key processes, policies, procedures, protocols (care pathways) across the geography that the post acute care covers from Greenwich to Westerly, RI. S/he is expected to be a collaborator, influencer and improvement advisor regarding clinical care in the post acute care spaces. S/he will be expected to work closely and collaboratively with the OCMO office, particularly the sections of bed management, clinical redesign, clinical operations and care management. This work requires extensive knowledge, skills and expertise in complex change and project management. This position will manage a diverse group of HHA/SNF preferred providers in order to assist the organization in achieving success in mission critical initiatives such as readmissions, length of stay and total cost of care.
- 1. Manages and leads efforts to monitor and systematically improve performance of the Home Health and Skilled Nursing Facility (HHA and SNF) preferred network of providers for the desired care signature experience for our patients placed in these agencies.
- 1.1 Manages Interact Program through Qualidigm to understand referral and transfer patterns of the preferred network.
- 2. Under the direction of the Vice President, Post Acute Care Services and in collaboration with the Post Acute Care team, manages the performance improvement plan for the preferred network of providers.
- 2.1 Develop yearly PI plan with input from network, stakeholders and effectuate such plan (including necessary updates to contractual agreements) over the course of the fiscal year.
- 3. Enhances knowledge, breadth and depth of YNHHS services in the care continuum.
- 3.1 Attend meetings, visit sites, read and report on care continuum activities in the healthcare environment.
- 4. Performs other assignments as directed and/or required by the Vice President, Post Acute Care Services.
Masters in Nursing, Public Health, Business and/or Administration strongly preferred. Professional healthcare licensure required (RN, PT, OT, SW).
Five to seven years experience in healthcare environment, including at least 2 years in project management or process improvement. At least two years in managerial/supervisory experience.
Must hold professional licensure such as Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Social Worker with valid CT license, or eligible.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. Ability to work collaboratively and independently. Demonstrated personal maturity and good judgement. Expertise in data collection, change management, process improvement, safety. Expert knowledge in information systems such as Helix and Epic and external databases such as nursing home and home health compare at CMS site.
Ability to travel across state.