To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Interventional Psychiatric Services Technician (IPS Tech ) utilizes the process of planning, intervention while caring for our patients maintain confidentiality and dignity. The IPS Tech assists clinicians in providing safe, effective evidence based care tailored to the individual needs of the patient and family. As a core member of the Interventional Psychiatry Services delivery team, the IPS Tech will administer Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation and administer rating scales under the direction of a licensed and trained clinician. The IPS Tech will also manage an electronic data base, effectively interact with patients and documents all clinical interactions.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Safety and Emergency Management: Responds appropriately to patient and hospital based emergency situations.
- 1.1 Performs all assigned patient care procedures safely following the hospital's policies and procedures.
- 2. Procedures and Therapies: Performs designated procedures under the supervision of the Physician or LIP.
- 2.1 Standard maintenance of the TMS devices
- 3. Leadership: Refines communication skills with patients, families and multi-disciplinary health team members, develops professional relationships and demonstrates increased professional accountability.
- 3.1 Reports to unit on time.
Bachelor's in neuroscience, biology, biochemistry or similar field preferred.
Experience working with the psychiatric population preferred. Experience with the delivery of TMS in a clinical setting preferred. Familiarity with psychiatric rating instruments preferred.