To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for performing a variety of reception, registration and clinical functions that support patient flow and patient care within the offices of Occupational Health Plus
- 1. Provides receptionist support. Answers high volume departmental calls, receives and relays messages, and greets all visitors arriving at the clinic.
- 1.1 1a. Handles all incoming telephone calls from patients and clients in a professional and courteous manner.
1b. Identifies reason for calls to the clinic, and takes a proactive approach to resolving any issues and/or problems, triaging calls to appropriate individuals when necessary.
1c. Greets all visitors arriving at the clinic in a courteous and professional manner, ?times in? the patient for scheduled appointment.
1d. Determines reason for patient visit to clinic and distributes documents for completion as appropriate. Acquires signatures for consent, and verifies identification
1e. Recognizes chief complaints and urgent situations requiring immediate medical attention.
1f. Obtains authorization for treatment from company contact and documents or scans authorization in orders.
1g. Receives sorts, date stamps and distributes incoming mail to appropriate staff/department.
1h. Delivers specialist letters on referred patients to ordering clinician for review. Scans document and attaches notes to systoc patient record.
1i. Provides records to patients as requested after obtaining appropriate release of information consent.
1j. Assist in generating data entry, and generating reports for statistical purposes required for the employee health projects/programs
- 2. Completes all registration forms and data entry. Organizes and distributes proper clinical forms to patient ensuring required services indicated for each client company at time of employee visit. Determines proper authorizations.
- 2.1 2a. Registers patient in Systoc, entering and/or verifying patient identification and company demographics to ensure correct company and tasks are selected.
2b. Ensures that patient has completed proper authorization form(s) and, when necessary, contacts client company to obtain authorization for treatment.
2c. Distributes and explains appropriate paperwork to patient
2d. Prints and checks flow sheets for completeness, proper demographics and properly authorized treatments.
2e. Schedules all appointments for OHP physicals, follow up appointments, ORS initial evaluations and PWS or any service according to department and company guidelines.,
2f. Accepts payment for services when OHP patient presents for services that require payment 2g. When in Satellite offices verifies patient identification, copies insurance cards and obtains required consent forms and authorization signatures.
2h. When in satellite offices, prepares ORS charts for private patients per guidelines established. .
2i. Appropriately prioritizes activities and workload remaining flexible in accepting assignments in order to complete assigned tasks.
- 3. Performs the functions of the Exit Desk.
- 3.1 3a. On a monthly basis, blocks off schedules based on established guidelines to accommodate physicals.
3b. Prints analysis of order reports daily and reconciles all tasks not serviced or flattened.
3c. At exit, schedules follow up appointment for patient, provides discharge summary sheet and after care instructions to patient, and faxes injury treatment summary to company.
3d. At exit, facilitates distribution and receipt of patient survey questionnaires at designated times each month.
3e. Oversees ordering of office supplies based on established par levels and supplies used in the office.
3f. Assists in archiving of medical records on a yearly basis.
3g. Coordinates the retrieval of records from archives and accounts for receipt and return of records per department protocol
- 4. Maintains a clean, safe work environment; promotes a confidential environment.
- 4.1 4a. Adheres to safety standards as identified within hospital policies.
4b. Adheres to hospital and departmental policies concerning patient confidentiality.
4c. Files patient charts and related paperwork in a manner consistent with patient confidentiality and departmental procedures.
4d. Has a clear understanding of policies and procedures involved in medical records storage and retention, and adheres to those standards.
4e. Maintains safe, clean and organized environment in all patient areas, including patient exam rooms, treatment and work areas.
4f. Adheres to safety standards as identified within the hospital that affect patients, visitors and staff.
4g. Complies with Infection Control policies.
4h. Helps to ensure exam rooms and hallways are free of clutter and pathways are clear and safe.
4i. Assists with maintaining utility rooms and equipment, notifies maintenance of faulty equipment.
- 5. Assists with exam and procedures or treatment as indicated.
- 5.1 5a. Gathers clinical data as directed by the nursing staff/Physician Assistant/Medical Doctor, including taking and recording vital signs, measures height and weight, testing visual and auditory acuity, reporting to RN/PA/MD any abnormal findings
5b. D.T. Understands federal regulations governing drug testing and follows guidelines. Understands exceptions in the collections process and can follow through with 95% accuracy..
5c. Obtains specimens according to instruction and procedures including phlebotomy and labels appropriately.
5d. Performs routine tests, (including EKGs, pulmonary function and Breath Alcohol tests) to assist in clinical assessment.
5e. Assists during patient exams and treatments/procedures, including application of compresses, bandages/stockings, non-sterile dressing changes, splints and crutches and other as indicated.
- 6. Patient Rights: Upholds patient's rights as identified within the institution.
- 6.1 6a. Maintains confidentiality by communicating patient and employee information in an appropriate manner only to health care workers involved in the care of the employee and/or patient.
6b. Is aware and sensitive to the patient's Bill of Rights of the hospital and the ANA Code of Ethics. Adheres to the mission of the hospital and the Ethical and Religious Directives Health facilities and related hospital policies.
6c. Appropriately identifies themselves to patients, by wearing hospital badge and introducing themselves.
- 7. Uses a customer service approach to identifying and responding to concerns expressed.
- 7.1 7a. Is responsible for identifying client company and patient questions or concerns.
7b. Takes responsibility for identifying resource person(s) to address concerns. Assures that identified person has accepted responsibility for addressing that concern.
7c. Demonstrates the necessary interpersonal skills between all OHP disciplines to facilitate patient care and disposition.
7d. Committed to team building and customer service.
7e. Familiar with department contingency policy.
7f. Accesses, navigates, and utilizes SYSTOC, and Epic as required by the department.
7g. Adheres to hospital and department standards of confidentiality, And HIPAA compliance.
High school graduate or equivilant. Graduate of Certified Medical Assistant Program and have completed 160 hour internship program. Experience in medical practice or urgent care clinic preferred.
at least 2-3 years office experience in medical practice or urgent care faciltiy.
Graduate of Certified Medical Program; certification preferred.
Excellent customer service and organizational skills; good oral and written communication skills. Knowledge and ability to use various computer software packages in department. Knowledge of use and care of medical equipment in department ie, EKG machines. Ability to perform phlebotomy.