To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides office and administrative support to Outpatient Urology and ensures efficient office operations. Checks-in/out and processes patients through department. Processes departmental reports and requests and Epic work flows. Provides support for staff; and customer service support to internal and external customers by efficiently performing a wide variety of tasks.
- 1. Courteously & professionally processes patients in and out of the department. Includes preparing all related forms and patient ID bracelet accurately. Knowledgeable of Experian Eligibility to verify insurance authorization. Demonstrates knowledge of existing insurance requirements. Collects co-pays as necessary. Follows Epic work flows including tablet questionnaires and assignment of questionnaires to patients.
- 2. Accurately schedules patient appointments and coordinates all necessary follow up for patients including scheduling with other services. Ensures correct exam information in scheduling comment section of Epic and elsewhere per work flow is entered for each patient.
- 3. Screens all incoming calls to ensure that all staff receive accurate & concise information and customers report satisfaction with response. Utilizes epic work flow of InBasket messaging. Able to differentiate urgent from routine calls and follows up appropriately with each. Minimizes use of voice mail by answering calls within three rings.
- 4. Ensures that medical records and information are kept secure and confidential at all times. Follows HIPAA standards for working in EMR.
- 5. Sets up, organizes and maintains ongoing systems, ie. files, reports, record keeping systems to ensure efficient operations.
- 6. Performs secretarial support functions as assigned, such as supply ordering, processing of requests, maintaining and updating departmental information.
- 7. Contributes to meeting the fluctuating staffing needs of the department by being flexible in own assignments & work schedules when required. Demonstrates ability to multi task throughout the work day.
- 8. Maintains computer skills and adapts well to upgrades in Epic & other software, including Mobile Heart Beat (MHP) and HUMM.
- 9. Maintains a clean & healthy environment for staff & patients including the waiting room and reception area..
- 10. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 11. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
High School Diploma required. Medical Terminology Preferred Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) through the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) preferred.
One to three (1-3) years experience in a health care environment preferred; demonstrates ability to work well with the public and in a fast paced environment; familiarity with Epic preferred; keyboarding skills; excellent communication skills; previous scheduling experience preferred.
Excellent proven communication skills for interactions with patients, employees, physician offices and management. Ability to use independent judgment and to work independently. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.