To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Clinical And Operational Support Services To Facilitate Patient Care And Provide Efficient Patient Flow. Assists Administrative, Nursing And Medical Staff By Performing A Variety Of Duties, Including Coordinating All Patient Care Activities And Direct Patient Support. Promotes Efficient And Quality Patient Care And Maintains A Safe, Professional Working Environment.
- 1. Greets Patients And Escorts Them To Their Examination Or Treatment Room.
- 2. Measures Vital Signs (Tpr, Bp, Hgt/Wgt, Bmi) And Records Findings. Updates Medical History And Patient Medication Record.
- 3. Prepares Patient, Equipment And Room For Procedures; Assists With Procedures. Reports Any Problems In Patient Status To Physician, Nurse Or Manager.
- 4. Collects And Properly Labels Specimens (Blood, Urine, Wound, Etc.). Delivers Appropriate Specimens To Laboratory. Picks Up Chemotherapy Drugs From The Pharmacy And Blood Products From The Blood Bank.
- 5. Documents All Medical Instructions, Treatments, Prescriptions, Telephone Calls, Etc., In Electronic Medical Record, With Date And Signature.
- 6. Serves As A Resource To Unit Staff Regarding Protocol Requirements And Sequencing For Lab Tests And X-Ray Procedures. Delivers And Returns Diagnostic Films (X-Rays, Scans).
- 7. Enters All Incoming And Outgoing Lab Work/Results, Records All In-House Laboratory Results, Keeps Current Lab Reports Filed In Electronic Medical Record.
- 8. Escorts Patients To And From Exam And /Or Treatment Areas, Rest Rooms. Assists Patients With Urinals, Bedpans Or Incontinent Pads. Stays With Confused Or Disoriented Patients.
- 9. Maintains Equipment. Cleans And Disinfects Equipment And Exam Rooms According To Policy And Procedure. Notifies Engineering Department Of Equipment Defects Or Damage.
- 10. Maintains Inventory In Exam Rooms, Laboratory And Other Clinical Areas. Orders, Enters Appropriate Charges, And Stores All Supplies For The Cancer Center, Including Office, Medical, And Radiation Oncology Supplies.
- 11. Responds To Patient Telephone Calls, Providing Information And Instructions, As Necessary And/Or As Ordered By Physician. Assists Office Staff With Scheduling And Confirming Appointments, As Well As Performing Other Clerical Duties.
- 12. Contributes To Meeting The Fluctuating Staffing Needs Of The Cancer Center By Being Flexible In Own Assignments And Work Schedules When Required.
- 13. Responds To Life Saving Situations Based Upon Nursing Standards And Clinical Policies And Procedures.
- 14. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or General Education Degree (Ged) Required. Medical Assistant Certification Required. Knowledge Of General Medical Terminology Required.
1-2 Years Related Experience As A Medical Assistant In A Clinic Setting Preferred; Phlebotomy Skills Required; Computer Experience Required.
Medical Assistant Certification Required.
Must Possess Good Computer Skills; Must Be Highly Organized And Self-Motivated; Must Have Excellent Interpersonal And Communication Skills, Be Able To Take Direction From Several Individuals, Evaluate And Prioritize Duties, Work Responsibly And Independently.