To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for performing a range of duties required to coordinate charge entry and charge capture responsibilities. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- 1. Assists in the ongoing updates of CPT and ICD10; notifies physicians of changes within each specialty; evaluates procedure codes and diagnosis on an ongoing basis and recommends corrections and changes for continuous improvement; reviews operative reports in detail to code and enter charges in accordance to NCCI and/or payer guidelines for Multi-Specialty Surgeons, Physician Assistants, hospitalists and other departments; and attends seminars and reviews relevant materials on coding and revenue cycle guidelines.
- 2. Ensures that the appropriate ICD10 codes are assigned by following HCFA guidelines; using appropriate CPT and HCPCS code guidelines and modifier use, to insure proper reimbursement; meets designated deadlines, productivity levels, and error rate.
- 3. Reviews accounts in Charge WQs on daily basis; applies coding rules and follows policy and procedure when processing physicians' charges for billing; and requests missing information necessary to release the charges. Releases charges from WQ on a daily basis, meeting designated deadlines and productivity levels.
- 4. Reviews accounts in Claim Edit WQ on a daily basis, meeting designated deadlines and productivity levels.
- 5. Reviews accounts in Follow-Up WQ on a daily basis; completing Follow-Up WQ.
- 6. Follows procedures established for monthly hospital charge capture reconciliation.
- 7. Demonstrates exceptional customer service toward internal and external customers.
- 8. Communicates with other departmental staff members to resolve rejection or denial items.
- 9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Certified Professional Coding (CPC) Certification required. Minimum of two (2) years related experience with ICD-10 coding, CPT coding, and medical terminology. One (1) or more years of coding experience a plus.
Certified Professional Coding (CPC) certification required.
Excellent customer service skills. Proficient keyboard skills and good organizational skills. Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office. Exceptional teamwork and ability to multitask. Excellent communication skills.