To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible For Daily Operations Of The Histology Departments At L+M Hospital And Westerly Hospital.
- 1. Manages And Supervises Histology Staff Ensuring The Departments Run Effectively.
- 2. Responsible For Maintaining And Revising Departmental Policies And Procedures.
- 3. Responsible For Developing And Monitoring Section Budget. Reviews Budget Monthly For Variances And Works To Eliminate Negative Variances.
- 4. Hires Qualified Staff, Disciplines And Terminates Staff As Appropriate In A Consistent And Timely Manner.
- 5. Conducts Staff Meetings, Keeping Staff Informed About Departmental And Hospital Wide Information.
- 6. Ensures Staff Competency By Assessing Educational And Developmental Needs Of Staff, Developing And Maintaining Competency Program And Completes Annual Performance Reviews In A Timely Manner.
- 7. Effectively Troubleshoots And Resolves Technical And Clinical Issues.
- 8. Develops And Monitors Quality Indicators. Identifies Trends And Acts On Opportunities For Improvement.
- 9. Ensures Adequate Staffing And Coverage For The Departments.
- 10. Ensures Compliance With All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Policies As Well As Other Hospital Policies.
- 11. Responsible For Section Qc Procedures And Troubleshoots Qc Failures With Proper Documentation. Prepares And Monitors Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quality Control For Histology As Applicable.
- 12. Participates In And Encourages Inter And Intra-Departmental Qa Initiatives.
- 13. Responds To Technical Issues From Physicians And Works To Appropriately Resolve Them.
- 14. Keeps Current On New Testing And Instrumentation Available For Histology.
- 15. Effectively Utilizes All Necessary Lis And Copath Functions.
- 16. Maintains Appropriate Levels Of Inventory.
- 17. Responsible For Histology In All Laboratory And Hospital Inspections; Cap, Joint Commission, State Of Connecticut Dph And Ri Doh
- 18. Reviews Section Chargemaster For Appropriate Coding And Billing Resources.
- 19. Meet Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, As Well As Staff And Self-Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 20. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Minimum B.S. Degree In Laboratory Science. Prefer Graduate Of Formal Histology Training Program.
Working Knowledge Of Gross Human Anatomy Required. Five Years Of Histology Experience With Superior Performance Required. Previous Supervisory Experience Preferred. Must Be Knowledgeable Of Current And New Technologies In Histology.
Must Be Licensed By The State Of Rhode Island. Ascp Certification Required.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.