To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of diversified duties involving sonographic related procedures. Assists clinician under his/her direction. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Performs a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
- 1.1 Uses "State of the art" techniques to demonstrate both normal and abnormal anatomy as prescribed and observed by radiologist.
- 2. Assists Radiologist with special procedures such as biopsies, utilizing specialized sonographic techniques.
- 2.1 Assists Radiologist in invasive procedures in a competent manner as noted by supervisor and Radiologist.
- 3. Prepares requisitions with codes, charges and pertinent information for billing and dictations.
- 3.1 Issues codes and charges for each exam and any accessory items used during procedure with accuracy as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Maintains work stations and equipment.
- 4.1 Cleans equipment according to manufacturer as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Contributes to an effective quality management and quality control program for assigned area that is consistent with overall departmental/hospital quality management plan.
- 5.1 Monitors Q.A. activities in accordance to section plan as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Instructs Radiology residents and students that rotate regularly through the department.
- 6.1 Reviews departmental procedures with each resident that rotates through the department as indicated by resident feedback and supervisory observation.
- 7. Assists in the procurement of supplies.
- 7.1 Checks inventory to maintain adequate levels of supplies as observed by supervisor.
- 8. Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 8.1 Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from adolescence to old age and applies development theories/concepts when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 9. Types all applicable information into the computer system.
- 9.1 Types all demographic patient information from the consult into department computer according to computer program and department protocol with no more than five errors per year as observed.
- 10. Patient Satisfaction: ED & Inpatient scores
Inpatient Wait Time: ED Wait Time: ED Courtesy:
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of one year experience
ARDMS Certification or eligible
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They may frequently be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. They may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of radiation. They are frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usaully moderate.
Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.