To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our
Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion -
must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Internal Consulting Group (ICG) resident will join the team for a program lasting up to twelve (12) months from
their start date. During this time, the resident will be contributing towards multiple projects aimed at unearthing new
steams of value across Yale New Haven Health. Residents will develop and refine a range of competencies ,
* Problem-solving - developing hypotheses, collecting and analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and making
* Inter-disciplinary research - applying knowledge to current issues impacting the healthcare system.
* Data analytics - leveraging clinical and financial data to inform project development.
* Strategy construction - using strategic tools and methods to conceptualize system wide opportunities for
improvement and value-creation.
* Policy analysis - critically investigating how regulation and public policy variables impact the operational, financial
and strategic position of the health system.
Residents will be immersed in a healthcare consulting practice which is fast -paced, collaborative, and focused on
delivering measurable results across different dimensions of the health system .
1. Shadow Planning Regulatory staff, and participates in planning team meetings and regulatory planning
activities, as appropriate, to learn about the planning function.
2. Certificate of Need: gathers and analyzes data including internal financial data and volume -related data, and
external data. Assists in coordination of CON preparation, including drafting documents and correspondence
to the Office of Health Care Access, gathering exhibits for CON submission and research topics as
requested. Assists in monitoring CON activity in Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and Massachusetts
by searching websites.
3. System Strategy: Participate in strategy discussions and gather data, conduct analyses and generate
4. Survey Data Gathering: gathers data for American Hospital Association, Modern Healthcare, Department of
Public Health, Integrated Delivery Network and other annual surveys. Reviews results for accuracy ,
consistency and assists in distributing to system executives for review. Responds to requests for additional
information from survey agency.
5. Create professional quality PowerPoint presentations and reports on request. Transcribes information from
numerous sources into coherent presentations and documents.
6. Assists with data analyses related to financial and productivity budgets for Greenwich Hospital across all
departments and services of the hospital. Assist with monthly volume analyses.
7. Adheres to maintenance and strict confidentiality of department functions and information.
8. Acts as a team player with all Planning staff and assists as requested.
9. Performs duties as necessary to support all Strategy, Regulatory Planning and New Technology functions.
EDUCATION (number of years and type required to perform the position duties):
Bachelor's Degree and actively pursuing Master's degree in Health Care Management or related field.
EXPERIENCE (number of years and type required to meet an acceptable level of performance):
Experience in a hospital, integrated delivery system or community provider settings preferred, but not required.
* Familiar with integrated health care systems, hospitals, community health and quality improvement processes.
* High degree of initiative, organization and perceptiveness.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills and creativity.
* Ability to operate in a continually changing and often high -pressure environment. Knowledge of information
* Proficient in excel.
ACCOUNTABILITY (how this position is held accountable for such as goals achievement, budget adherence, or
other areas of accountability):
COMPLEXITY (describe planning, problem solving, decision making, creative activity, or other special factors
inherent in the responsibilities of this position):
In personal and job-related decisions and actions, consistently demonstrates the values of integrity (doing the right
thing), patient-centered (putting patients and families first), respect (valuing all people and embracing all differences),
accountability (being responsible and taking action), and compassion (being empathetic).