To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible For The Oversight Of All Point Of Care Testing Performed Throughout L+M And Westerly Hospitals, Including Off Site Facilities. Includes Reviewing All Quality Control Data, Overseeing The Training Of Nursing Staff, New Equipment Evaluations And Related Duties.
- 1. 1. Follows All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Policies.
- 2. 2. Is Able To Appropriately Interact With Nursing Staff And Physicians To Maintain The Poct Program.
- 3. 3. Understands All Department Qc Procedures And Troubleshoots Qc Failures With Proper Documentation.
- 4. 4. Takes Part In Inter And Intra-Department Qa Initiatives.
- 5. 5. Responds To Technical Issues From All Nursing Units And Responds Appropriately To Resolve Them.
- 6. 6. Maintains Technical Competency And Keeps Current On New Testing Available In The Market For Poc Testing.
- 7. 7. Effectively Utilizes All Necessary Lis Functions Including Testing That Is Interfaced To The Hospital Lis System.
- 8. 8. Assists In Maintaining Necessary Inventory Control Of All Poct Reagents.
- 9. 9. Is Responsible For All Laboratory And Hospital Inspections From Outside Agencies Such As Cap, Tjc, State Of Connecticut And State Of Rhode Island For The Poct Modules.
- 10. 10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And
- 11. Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. 11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Poct Program.
- 13. 1. Evaluates The Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quality Control Programs For All Poct.
- 14. 2. Is Responsible For All Procedures And Policies For The Poct Program Including New Procedures, Updating Existing Procedures And Maintaining The Procedures At Each Testing Site.
- 15. 3. Is Able To Work Effectively With Nurse Managers, Nurses, Md?S And Laboratory Staff In Establishing And Monitoring Poc Programs And Resolving Poc Issues/Problems.
- 16. 4. Is Knowledgeable About Current And New Regulations As They Pertain To Point Of Care Testing.
- 17. 5. Develops Training Programs For Others To Ensure Poct Competency.
- 18. 6. Follows Through With All Poct Troubleshooting Aspects Including Technical And Clinical Issues.
- 19. 7. Acts As A Resource Person For Requests For New Poc Tests/Instrumentation.
- 20. Coordinates With The Pathology Department As Chairperson Of The Point Of Care Executive Committee.
- 21. Acts As A Leader In The Absence Of On-Site Supervisors, Notifying Appropriate Staff/Supervisors Of Issues/Problems Relating To Maintaining Our High Level Of Service.
- 22. Participates In Hospital-Wide Committees As The ?Content Expert? For The Laboratory.
- 23. Helps To Direct Co-Workers Regarding Adequate Staffing In Times Of Need Throughout The Laboratory.
- 24. Continues To Increase Job Knowledge Through Attending Courses That Provide Ceu?S, Including Both Technical And Managerial Courses.
- 25. Participates As A Member Of The Career Ladder Committee
- 26. Maintains Professional Image And Sets The Standard Of Excellence For Others To Follow.
- 27. Works With Departmental Managers To Assess, Develop And Complete Projects For The Laboratory That Enhance The Services Provided And Deliver Excellent Customer Service.
- 28. Population Served
- 29. Newborn (Birth ? 1)
- 30. Pediatric (1 ? 12)
- 31. Adolescent (13 ? 18)
- 32. Adult (19 ? 64)
- 33. Geriatric (65yrs +)
- 34. All
- 35. Not Applicable
- 36. Qualifications/Requirements
Bachelor's Degree In Medical Technology Or Equivalent Required.
Minimum Of Three Years Medical Technology Experience, Poct Experience Desirable. Proven Ability To Interface With Cross-Section Of Hospital Staff; Physicians, Nurse Managers. Experience With Word, Excel And Lis Interfaces. Previous Supervisory Experience A Plus.
American Society Of Clinical Pathologists (Mt-Ascp) Preferred.
Needs To Have Completed All Requirements (Option A Or B) As Defined In The Career Ladder Policy.