Physician Assistant - Occupational Medicine and Wellness Services Clinic at Bridgeport, CT
This is a full time weekdays (M-F, no night, and no weekend) Physician Assistant position at the Occupational Medicine and Wellness Services clinic at Yale New Haven Health Bridgeport Hospital. The Physician Assistant will function as a primary provider in the clinic for the hospital employees as well as other retail employees under the direction of the Occupational Medicine Physician.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- Responsibilities will include:
Works under the supervision of the physicians and Regional Medical Director of Occupational Medicine and Wellness Services to perform pre-placement and periodic surveillance examinations on patients:
- Collects complete medical history performs thorough pre-placement and periodic work related physical examinations, and records results clearly in medical record.
- Orders, reviews and interprets results of ancillary testing (blood tests, xray, PFT's, EKG's etc.).
- Consolidates all data and compares to physical demands of position to make appointment placement decision.
- Involves supervisory physician as appropriate, following State of Connecticut proactive regulations.
- Works under the supervision of the physicians and Regional Medical Director of the department, to evaluate employees with work related injuries, illnesses or exposures, and urgent care needs of patients:
- Gathers complete history of injury, illness, or exposure and performs appropriate physical examination on patients.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of diagnostic tests; orders and performs interprets X-rays, blood tests, EKG's etc.
- Demonstrates appropriate and timely involvement of supervising physician following State of Connecticut proactive regulations.
- Develops and implements appropriate immediate care and follow-up, and in the case of Injured Workers, develops the treatment plan including appropriate and timely use of physical therapy and specialists.
- Documents information completely and accurately in progress note, dictation and discharge reports.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers and other health care professionals to ensure a high standard of patient care and efficient clinic operations:
- Develops and uses effective working relationships with patients including, co-workers, employers, and specialist to allow for appropriate coordination of patient care.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately, in writing and/or verbally, the employees' treatment plan, work capabilities, progress and prognosis to client company.
- Exercises customer service skills in meeting the needs of the patients and families, and in the case of the injured worker, is attuned to the needs of the employer and employee, promoting patients and customer satisfaction.
- Prioritizes activities and adjusts workload to facilitate overall clinic efficiency.
- Takes responsibility for responding to schedule requests promptly; remains flexible in resolution of staffing conflicts.
- Identifies problems or potential problems and accesses appropriate resources to assist in resolution.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- One to three years of patient care experience in ambulatory, emergency, orthopedics, or occupational medicine preferred.
- New graduates with a demonstrated interest in occupational health will be considered.
- NRCME-certified to perform commercial driver examinations ( or willing to obtain within 3 months)
Active PA Certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), Connecticut State Physician Assistant License, and DEA License
The Physician Assistant will provide rotating clinical coverage of Occupational Medicine clinics across offices, including Bridgeport Hospital and Milford Campus. Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm.