To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible for the full processing of payroll for the YNH Health System. The payroll process is run for 12,000+ employees. This position Works in conjunction with the Payroll Manager and other department representatives to resolve any payroll and Kronos related issues in a way which results in an accurate resolution and well informed customer. This resolution process is performed in a manner that ensures the satisfaction of our customers through the proper and accurate performance of all payroll related duties.
- 1. Is responsible to insure the accuracy and timeliness of the YNH Health System Payroll. This responsibility includes running all steps in the payroll and close process reaching the goal of paying all 12,000+ employees correctly and on-line. This high level of responsibility means working with IT, HR, Benefits and Payroll team memebers in the most respectful and professional way. Performs in a way that will guarantee every effort is made to satisfy the customer while continuing to build and develop partnerships with our clients, as observed by the Payroll Manager.
- 1.1 Oversees the day-to-day processes in the department to insure the accuracy of all payroll data This is done through verification and review of processes to ensure true and accurate payroll output
- 2. Performs a variety of duties to ensure timely and accurate reporting of Payroll.
- 2.1 Provides support to all Kronos users to ensure correct and accurate editing practices, as observed by the Payroll Manager
- 3. Performs certain bookkeeping duties to ensure efficient and accurate flow of information.
- 3.1 Accurately breaks down and distributes all payroll checks and direct deposits to all on and off-site locations, with less than issues per year
- 4. Communicates with a wide variety of employees to ensure accurate and timely issue resolution and thus customer satisfaction.
- 4.1 Works with all customers in a courteous, compassionate and professional manner to correct all payroll issues This involves utilization of all available resources and communication of the issue and its resolution to all effected parties
High school graduate or GED required. Associates degree in accounting or finance preferred.
Must have a minimum of 1 year of customer service experience. Prior bookkeeping or accounting experience strongly preferred.
Experience with Kronos and Lawson or comparable systems preferred. Must possess excellent organizational and communications skills and must be able to work independently with minimal direction. Participates in any payroll in-services and needed. Must possess a working knowledge of Excel, Word and GroupWise/Outlook.