To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Yale New Haven Hospital Center for EMS Program Manager, the Advanced Life Support (ALS) Instructor is responsible for providing academic and psychomotor skills education to various students of YNHH CEMS in various facets of basic and advanced life support.
- 1. Establishes a professional rapport with students.
- 2. Collaborates with lead instructor to assure that appropriate level of instruction and content is planned and executed.
- 3. Coordinates and teaches educational sessions designed to meet the needs of all levels of clinical competence at the BLS and ALS level.
- 4. Offers verbal and written feedback to the lead instructor, administrative staff, and students on student performance and participation.
- 5. Acts as a role model in area of expertise and professional practice by being self directed, self motivated, maintaining expertise and promoting the emergency medical services system.
- 6. Facilitates and models development of critical thinking, problem solving and communications skills among the students.
- 7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant issues, trends, and practices in the area of emergency medical services.
- 8. Promotes professional self development
- 9. Works to identify student learning needs and outcome measures.
- 10. Works with lead instructors and others faculty to assure that the delivery of education materials and methods meet the needs of the students.
- 11. Supports leadership in ensuring that excellent customer service standards are met.
- 12. Reinforces behaviors consistent with customer service standards.
- 13. Maintains a current knowledge base in area of adult learning principles, clinical practice and leadership.
- 14. Negotiates a personal development plan based on self evaluation and peer review.
- 15. In collaboration with the lead instructor, assists with the development and implementation of performance improvement plans when needed.
- 16. Assists in the care and maintenance of instructional materials and equipment
State of CT Paramedic Licensure (NREMT preferred) or other health care licensure/certification
Pre-hospital experience (preferred) or other healthcare experience
Instructor certification in one or more of the following is required: AHA-BLS, ACLS PALS State of CT EMS-I PHTLS-Instructor preferred PEPP- Instructor preferred AMLS Instructor preferred TECC-Preferred EPC Instructor Preferred
These staff are required to be familiar with the delivery of all aspects of Advanced Life Support Care to include intubation, medication delivery, as well as all treatment modalities required for licensure Writes program lectures, including outline, text, handouts, and tests. Designs laboratory exercises Applying knowledge of EMS Equipment . Administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate students performance
Paramedic Instructor with Manikin experience