To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Interventional Radiology Manager and/or Assistant Chief Technologist, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality IR images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures., Promotes service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the YNHH Core Success Factors.
- 1. Performs a wide variety of technical duties to ensure proper performance of imaging procedures utilizing angiography and other equipment.
- 1.1 Properly sets up angiographic equipment so it is ready to function prior to the exam, including selecting correct accession number from the modality work list.
- 2. Produces high quality images during and after procedures to ensure proper anatomy is recorded for physicians to make a diagnosis.
- 2.1 Verifies physician orders on requisitions prior to proceeding 100% of the time
- 3. Ensures that all supplies required for individual procedures are available prior to and during exams in order to maximize patient safety and service efficiently.
- 3.1 Supplies physicians with all disposable or other equipment to perform procedures.
- 4. Performs various clerical and record keeping functions utilizing the HIS, RIS, PACS, and procedure QA modules in order to maintain integrity and completeness of the patient record and billing.
- 4.1 Ensures all cases are properly scheduled, started and completed in the RIS in a timely manner.
- 5. Maintains a respectful and professional attitude with the entire staff involved in the department in order to ensure a smooth running service.
- 5.1 Recognizes and performs duties to maximize team effort and patient throughput, such as room prep, restocking supplies, and offering assistance to others when own assignments are completed.
- 6. Performs quality and compassionate patient care, utilizing appropriate age specific standards, in order to ensure patient cooperation, safety, and satisfaction
- 6.1 Greets patients and introduces self and others to patients
- 7. Utilizes proper safety measures during procedures for all people present in the room to ensure minimum physical risk for patients, self and staff.
- 7.1 Wears lead apron during fluoroscopy
- 8. Participates in various teaching and/or learning opportunities in order to further his/her own personal knowledge and to assist in expanding the knowledge of others
- 8.1 Receptive to teaching new technologists, residents and student technologists.
Graduation from an A.M.A. approved Radiologic Technology program. AS degree required,BS degree preferred.
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of routine IR imaging techniques and/or experience in complex diagnostic studies such as myelography, venography, biopsies, etc desirable.,
At least 1 year experience in a hospital radiology department.,One-Two years experience in a hospital radiology department preferred. Experience in O.R., Biopsies or other
invasive procedures desirable.
Consideration is given to new graduates of accredited Special Procedures program.
Cardiovascular Internventional experience preferred.
RT(R) certification by the American Registry of, Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), (may not be on any type of probation). Vascular Interventional (VI) credentials preferred. Connecticut State License and CPR Certification.
Proficient in routine IR imaging techniques, above average knowledge of computer / PACS applications, and good organizational and communication/customer service skills. Extensive understanding of anatomy and physiology is important.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds to assist with patient transfers as well as stand and wear a lead apron for extended periods of time.