To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Senior Human Resources Partner manages a wide range of human resources functions. The Senior HR business partner (Sr. HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful Sr. HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the Sr. HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Sr. HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, and its culture.
- 1. Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all hospital employees.
- 2. Strategic Partner on various HR initiatives, involved with various initiatives from conception to delivery.
- 3. Assumes a strategic business partner role, must provide best practice guidance to team and client groups. Must be comfortable recommending, counseling and advising on many human resources specialty areas.
- 4. Will participate in and be a ?hands-on? advisor with regard to the Hospital grievance process as needed: review, analyze, and recommend appropriate action items to mitigate future exposures. Most be comfortable interpreting collective bargaining agreements and determining appropriate steps.
- 5. Partner with client groups during internal investigations as need and when appropriate; confirm that appropriate union protections are being met by client groups during internal investigations (i.e. Weingarten).
- 6. Must be able to analyze data and during that analysis interpret and make recommendations that will have a positive impact on data.
- 7. Must be familiar with compensation analysis, comp ratio review. Ability to conduct labor market surveys if when needed. Stay current with internal inequities and make corrective recommendations when necessary.
- 8. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- 9. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- 10. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 11. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
A Bachelor's Degree in related field is required; a Master's Degree is preferred and highly desired; required to matriculate into a Master's program within five (5) years of hire. HR certification strongly desired from either governing body (HRCI or SHRM).
At least eight (8) years of Human Resources Experience. Experience in a union environment is highly desirable. Proficient computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite. Working knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS); preferably Infor.
Any of the following certifications would be acceptable: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, GPHR, CCP, and CEBS.