To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supervise Northeast Medical Group operational functions ensuring that community based practices maintain productivity measures and improve operations, service and satisfaction among patients, staff and physicians.Participate in the transition of a private practice to a NEMG community practices. Recommend, develop and implement policy and procedures related to front office staff functions. Support special projects, as directed.
Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review.
- 1. Supervise front end operations of the revenue cycle across all Community Practices with focus on patient registration, appointment scheduling, eligibility, charge capture, and site-based charge entry. Using performance standards related to these functions routinely evaluate practice performance. Provide direction to practice coordinators and staff to improve performance on these measures.
- 2. Working with the Manager of Patient Accounts and the Manager of Financial Operations monitor claim process at the practice and work with staff to improve performance. Identifies, disseminates, and educates physicians and practice staff on third party billing policies as evidenced by billing and AR trends.
- 3. Coordinate the operational aspects of integrating new practices into NEMG including:
- 3.1 Assisting in the development of the practice integration plan.
- 4. Assists in the analysis and interpretation of business unit financial and operating reports. May present reports to physicians. Researches budget variances and communicates corrective actions.
- 5. Coordinate IT functions and services at the practice sites. Develop working knowledge of operation processes from scheduling to dropping a clean claim, including but not limited to, all of NEMG and delivery network databases and how that information flows through practice management system.
- 6. Assures that physician-billing activities are in compliance with third party rules and regulations i.e. authorization, pre-certification.
- 7. Assists in the recruitment, orientation and training of new staff who utilize the practice management system applications of registration, scheduling, eligibility, charge capture and site based charge entry. Provides on going training and retraining to staff on practice management system.
- 8. Manages medical and office supply vendor relationships including some ordering and tracking of supplies.
- 9. Performs administrative duties including completing NEMG payroll, preparing and/or processing check requests.
- 10. Participates in appropriate seminars and in-services and maintains knowledge of medical billing and practice management best practices. Serves as interim practice coordinator.
- 11. Performs other duties as required.
B.A. or B.S. in Management, Health Care Administration.
Three to five years of healthcare supervisory and operations experience including responsibility for medical billing function.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of health care industry desirable. Ability to multitask high volume activity, other practice management software. Ability to deal with all levels of management and different types of staff.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.