To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works with Business Development team to support practice growth and clinical program expansion. Working in collaboration with Executive Director, Business Development, this position coordinates efforts involved in evaluating and completing practice acquisitions and the development of new programs as appropriate. This includes determining financial and operational feasibility of practice acquisitions and growth. Must be able to analyze complex information and communicate well with management and physicians. Must be able to execute due diligence and transition plans. Working knowledge of physician practice operations and financial reporting is required.
- 1. Manages the business planning and due diligence process related to acquisition and development of physician practices as well as growth of new clinical programs. Works collaboratively with Clinical, Operational and Financial teams for the same.
- 2. Has working knowledge of reimbursement processes, managed care contracting and physician compensation strategies.
- 3. Manages the development of practice acquisition modeling.
- 4. Participates in meetings centered on discussions with physicians and key office personnel related to potential acquisitions.
- 5. Works closely with hospital and service line leadership across the health system to coordinate efforts and resources as appropriate.
- 6. Interacts regularly with System Corporate Services including Finance, HR, Marketing, CPBS, Facilities, Real Estate and Planning departments.
- 7. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as requested.
- 8. Establishes and maintains good relations with NEMG, YNHHS and YM colleagues.
- 9. Promotes philosophy of positive customer relations.
- 10. Works collaboratively with external resources as needed.
- 11. Manages the Business Analyst role in support of business development opportunities.
- 12. Participates regularly in the selection, training and motivation of employees as well as making managerial decisions regarding hiring, terminations, promotions and/or transfers. Keeps employees informed as to current NEMG policies, procedures and changes.
- 13. Conducts regular performance reviews of employees. Reviews job performance standards with employees when necessary. Trains new employees and orients them regarding NEMG personnel policies and procedures. Implements new procedures as the need arises and encourages professional growth.
- 14. Performs other duties as directed/required.
Bachelor's Degree required. Masters preferred
Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience within physician practice finance and operations, to which a minimum of 3 years of management experience is preferred. Prior experience in physician practice operations is highly desired.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of healthcare planning and physician practice management sufficient to manage, direct and coordinate the operation of a multi-specialty physician group practice. Knowledge of the medical environment, physician group practice, managed care, healthcare contracting and regulations, and operational systems. Excellent organizational and communication skills that foster trust, clear vision, mutual respect.
Knowledge of computer based information systems. Ability to manage and remain effective with multiple priorities and to implement and support change as required.
Proven ability to structure and prioritize work to achieve specific deliverables in an environment of tight deadlines.
Possess highly collaborative and energetic management style. Able to build strong collaborative relationships with physicians, staff, and patients and their families.
Exceptional operations management skills including the ability to optimize quality and efficiency through data driven decision making.
Able to work well under pressure and deadlines under competing priorities in a highly complex environment