To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Clerical Support To Ensure Efficient Office Operation To Include The Following: Electronic Patient Scheduling And Data Entry, Reception Functions, Billing And Receiving Functions, Written, Verbal And Telephone Communications With Employers, Patients, Coworkers And Others.
- 1. Exhibits Courtesy, Respect And Excellent Customer Service In All Interactions.
- 2. Maintains Clear And Concise Communications Following Office Guidelines. Provides Medical Records As Requested In A Timely And Accurate Manner.
- 3. Utilizes Systoc And/Or Meditech To Register And Schedule Patients, Create Invoices, Receive Payments, Order Lab Tests, X-Rays And Ct Scans, Enter And Edit Icd-9 Codes, Enter Treatment Information, Modifications And Ensure That Transcriptions Are Entered Into Appropriate Treatment Memo.
- 4. Seeks Immediate Nurse Intervention When New Patients Present For Injury Treatment, Based On Written Guidelines, And/Or When The Question Of Work-Relatedness Arises.
- 5. Organizes, Maintains, Retrieves And Disseminates Information In Accordance With Office Procedures. Creates And Updates Accurate And Detailed Office Procedures For The Use Of All Ohc Staff.
- 6. Answers Routine Inquiries And Directs Other Inquiries And Requests As Appropriate. Routes Incoming And Outgoing Correspondence As Necessary. Arranges Referrals To Specialists And Rehabilitative Care.
- 7. Supports Off-Site Department 01.6691 By Performing All Billing And Receiving. Interacts In A Cooperative And Professional Manner With Other Hospital Departments.
- 8. Actively Participates In Problem Solving And Annual Activities Including Updating Icd-9 Codes, The Workers? Compensation Fee Schedule And Microfiching Of Medical Records.
- 9. Exhibits Ability To Prioritize Activities. Completes Activities Within Assigned Time Frames. Assists Other Clerical Staff As Needed With Emphasis On Serving The Needs Of Our Patients And Client Companies First.
- 10. Checks Out All Patients By Reviewing Their Exams To Ensure Completion Of All Tasks. Reiterates Physician?S Modifications With Injury Patients To Ensure Understanding. Makes Sure That All Prescriptions And Scripts Have Been Provided To The Patient And Answers Any Questions They Might Have.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department.
High School Or Equivalent Required.
One To Two Years Of Secretarial Or Accounting Experience Required. Experience In Medical Facility With Some Billing And Receiving Experience Preferred.
Secretarial Certifications And Medical Terminology Preferred; Excellent Computer, Customer Service And Interpersonal Skills Required.