To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for guiding the assigned performance improvement projects through development, implementation, and evaluation phases
- 1. Clinical quality improvement project development and management (for example: clinical component of "Sustainable Preventive Care" initiative, medication adherence, diabetes quality care pathway, cancer screening, chlamydia screening, depression screening and remission/follow up).
- 2. Supports implementation of Integrated Care Models (ICM) in alignment with Value Program, as well as, NEMG based quality projects to move the needle on high priority metrics.
- 3. Supports the MSSP ACO clinical abstraction coordination for chart abstraction and upkeep of the Epic tools used for the project.
- 4. Is a Liaison to Clinical Integration clinical quality initiatives such as Emmi, CPG roll out, Dashboard management
- 5. Monitors ACO and Value-based Program performance improvement projects and work plans. Ensures that milestones are met by the pre -determined completion dates.
- 6. Ensures that planning and communication is appropriate and will allow the team to successfully complete assigned tasks on-time and to specification.
- 7. Anticipates roadblocks and works with the team to swiftly mitigate the impact of these issues on project plan deadlines. Facilitates collaboration and effective decision making between all project stake holders including partners across all NEMG departments and at the Health System.
- 8. Prepares reports, analyses, and presentations utilizing all Microsoft Office software products (Excel, Power Point and Visio).
- 9. Develops user standard operating procedures or manuals as needed
- 10. Evaluates performance improvement project success against targets and milestones. Completes analysis of success factors and spreads best practice processes to other NEMG sites.
- 11. Specifies and coordinates team members in validation of clinical data sets in support of the ACO and Value-based Programs. Participates in validation of clinical data.
- 12. Interacts with external contacts such as payers, consultants, vendors, and funding agencies.
- 13. Performs other job related duties, as required.
Minimum of Associates degree in Nursing Required, Bachelor?s degree preferred
Five (5) + years of clinical RN experience. Role requires clinical background and understanding in quality gap analysis.
Valid CT RN Licensure Required
Understanding of HEDIS, Stars and other quality measures used to evaluate ambulatory care is preferred.
Excellent communication skills to speak on the behalf of NEMG regarding applicability of clinical metrics to both primary care and specialty sites.
Ability to organize resources and establish priorities. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment. Knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical workflow, operating systems, policies and procedures. Ability to identify and assess clinical needs, and coordinate effective operating and systems solutions. Ability to organize, lead and hold self and people accountable. Ability of delegate effectively. Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and consultants at all levels of the organization. Knowledge of project management software tools as well as strong desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Six Sigma or Institute for Healthcare Improvement Model of Improvement formal training preferred.
Travel to NEMG sites and YNHHS member facilities is required.