To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the coordination of the Budget Development functions. This includes preparation of all annual operating and capital budget data and presentation to Hospital Administration. Integrates the work activities of the Budget Analysts with the Financial Analysts functions including monthly analyses of flex results and budget variances. Plays a key role in the month end expense analyses preparation and review. Develops educational tools related to budget monitoring and financial reporting processes. Assists with the integration of KRONOS, Lawson, Eclipsys, and Strata systems data into the budget monitoring and reporting processes. Assists with all other requests for budget analyses as required for both internal and external purposes.
- 1. Assists Manager and Director with planning and managing the overall Operating Budget process including development and implementation of budget policies and procedures.
- 2. Coordinates the preparation of both the annual Operating and Capital Budget instructions and related forms.
- 3. Coordinates the process of spreading the operating expense budget by department along with statistical measures of productivity (i.e., patient census, surgical volume, and outpatient visits per month).
- 4. Assists Manager in preparing the Five Year Financial Forecast using the StrataCast system. Requires forecasts of operating expenditures, capital investments, capital lease amortization, depreciation schedules, and analyzing the impact on the Cash Flow Statement.
- 5. Prepares budget adjustments and works with Accounting to submit general ledger entries as required in conjunction with monthly close process.
- 6. Prepares monthly analysis of budget variances and actual spending rate results for distribution to Hospital Administration.
- 7. Identifies cost savings or revenue improvement opportunities and takes an active role with implementing enhancements.
- 8. Develops and coordinates the presentation of educational tools related to submitting budget requests and interpreting variance reports.
- 9. Assists Manager and Director with the implementation of approved new or changes to existing processes and procedures.
- 10. Assists Manager and Director with the selection, orientation and professional development of Financial Analysts. Coordinator routinely assigns tasks to the Financial Analysts, monitors their progress toward completion, and assists with streamlining processes and procedures.
- 11. Integrates functionality of various information systems (KRONOS, Lawson, Eclipsys, and Strata) into monthly budget monitoring and reporting.
- 12. Coordinates maintenance and scheduling of financial report distribution process.
- 13. Promotes the philosophy of Positive Customer Service with all members internal and external of the Health System. Acts in accordance with the System's core values.
- 14. Performs other related duties as directed/required.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Advanced degree or CPA desirable.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in Healthcare Finance, with focus on budget monitoring and financial analysis. Management and Healthcare experience preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels in the organization; Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at all levels. Strong analytical skills; must have excellent understanding of computer systems. Word processing, spreadsheet and database skills are required. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations with ability to influence the thinking of others. Knowledge of the hospital industry and health care environment required.
No special demands.