To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Diagnostic Radiology Manager and/or Coordinator, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality MRI images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures and demonstrates exceptional service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Service Excellence Pledge Standards To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, MRI staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH MRI locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- 1. Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex diagnostic imaging equipment. Efficiently follows routine protocols, demonstrates independent judgment, and has minimal inactive scanner utilization.
- 1.1 Follows routine protocols and refers to the doctor's exam requisition to ensure the correct exam is performed. Is capable of building scan protocols utilizing the correct options with the correct pulse sequences.
- 2. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure cooperation, safety, and satisfaction. Demonstrates 100% accuracy on safety screening and continues to promote our pledge for Service Excellence.
- 2.1 Thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient and offer them the emotional support to endure and complete the exam.
- 3. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions to ensure exam charges are properly billed and communicates feedback in order to ensure goals of the department are met and operations run efficiently.
- 3.1 Consistently selects the correct patient from the worklist with accuracy
- 4. Participates in various teaching and learning opportunities in order to further professional knowledge and expertise. Actively functions as a mentor to new employees by participating in the orientation process.
- 4.1 Attends at least (5) training in-services per year as recorded by supervisor/ manager.
- 5. To enhance the Patient Experience in Diagnostic Radiology, all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Tests and Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
- 5.1 Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner. Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Experience.
Graduation from an A.M.A. approved Radiologic Technology program. AS degree required, BS degree preferred.
Must be MRI board certified.
Minimum 1 year experience or has completed YNHH MRI training program plus MRI Certification.
ARRT, CT state license and MRI board certification required. CPR Certification preferred.
Proficient in routine MRI imaging techniques, above average knowledge of cross section anatomy, highly developed organizational skills, and timely and effective communications skills is required.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds to assist with patient transfers.