To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To Prepare, Season And Cook Meats, Fish, Poultry, Vegetables And Other Menu Items For Hospital, Patients, Employees And Visitors.
- 1. Plans And Organizes Resources To Achieve Effective Nutritional Care.
- 2. Prepares, Seasons And Cooks Foods Under The Direction Of The Production Manager And/Or First Cook.
- 3. Measures And Mixes Ingredients According To Recipes.
- 4. Uses A Variety Of Kitchen Utensils And Equipment Including Grinders, Slicers, Mixers, And Blenders.
- 5. Ensures That All Foods Prepared Meet Existing Standards For Quality, Freshness, Taste And Appearance.
- 6. Ensures That Required Sanitary Levels Are Maintained Throughout The Food Preparation Process.
- 7. Alerts Supervisor To Problems And Needs Concerning Equipment And Food Supplies. Detects And Reports Spoiled Or Unattractive Food, Defective Supplies/Equipment Or Unusual Conditions.
- 8. Ensures That All Equipment And Utensils And Work Areas, Are Inspected And Maintained For Cleanliness, Sanitation And Proper Operation.
- 9. Ensures That Required Sanitary Levels Are Maintained Throughout The Food Preparation Process.
- 10. Maintains Department Records, Reports And Files As Required According To Established Policies, Procedures And Schedules.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School, Or Equivalent
Sufficient Previous Experience In Large Scale Food Preparation.
Able To Read, Write And Speak English; Able To Perform Simple Mathematical Calculations, Additions, Subtraction, Multiplication, And Division.