To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Diagnostic Radiology Manager and/or Chief Technologist, performs all duties that support patient care. These duties include direct and indirect patient care activities, which are essential to providing comprehensive care to patients and their families. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures and demonstrates exceptional service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Standards of Professional Behaviors. To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, MRI staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH MRI locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- 1. Following established procedures, completes routine interviews and patient screenings to obtain required patient data and demographic information that will assist the technologist in the assessment, planning, and evaluation of patient needs for the specific diagnostic imaging exam or procedure.
- 1.1 Interviews patients, collects and documents data collected on appropriate forms and scans accurately into EPIC.
- 2. Functions as a member of the care team to support the set up and preparation of patients undergoing radiology procedures. Has knowledge of exams and preps in order to facilitate patient flow through the section.
- 2.1 Prepares the scan room with the correct set of supplies and equipment required for exam or procedure.
- 3. Properly locates patients' records and enters important patient data and demographic information into the Imagecast and PACS systems. Respects patient confidentiality at all times and adheres to all HIPAA requirements as established by the section, department and hospital.
- 3.1 Locates appropriate electronic medical record and patient information required for exam, scans and attaches documents to the record.
- 4. Assists in managing patient flow within the unit by organizing patient care responsibilities, and communicating and interacting with patients, families and staff in an effective and professional manner to ensure that the goals of the department and hospital are met and that the operation runs efficiently.
- 4.1 Utilizes knowledge of timing and sequence of imaging exams within section to organize and prioritize patient care in a timely manner.
- 5. Provides environmental support to Diagnostic Imaging section to ensure efficiency in the delivery of patient care.
- 5.1 Assists in maintaining cleanliness of work area and equipment, stock imaging rooms with supplies and clean linens, disposes of soiled laundry.
- 6. Maintains clinical competency in areas of responsibility and participates in sectional and departmental activities that promote a cohesive section and department.
- 6.1 Successfully completes all mandatory and unit-based continuing education classes.
- 7. Orders imaging/patient care supplies in a timely manner so as to assure a continuation of smooth and efficient services in the imaging area.
- 7.1 Follows established par levels for unit's imaging/patient care supplies; places orders and restocks supplies in a timely manner.
- 8. To enhance the patient experience in Diagnostic radiology all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Test & Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
- 8.1 Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manor; Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Center experience.
A minimum of a high school graduate. Successful completion of a certified nurse aide program, a patient care training program, current enrollment in accredited radiology program, or other related fields in healthcare. Medical terminology and computer courses is preferred.
One to two years direct patient contact or graduate of a certified training program.
Competent with computer applications, highly developed organizational skills, and effective communication skills.
Able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Ability to perform tasks of physical endurance and dexterity as required by placement. Consistent use of proper body mechanics., SCOPE OF SUPERVISION
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE