To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is accountable for the provision of quality outcome-based educational programs and practice support, which promote initial and ongoing competency and continuous development of nursing staff. Accountable 24/7 for staff education needs.
- 1. Responsibilties
- 1.1 Develops, organizes, implements and evaluates Unite-Based and Service Line education and programs to ensure competencies of nursing personnel.
- 2. Leadership:
- 2.1 Demonstrates knowledge of the American Nurses Association Standards for NursingProfessional Development.
- 3. Learner:
- 3.1 Use multiple approaches and sources of information to identify and validate nursingservice personnel's learning needs.
- 4. Program Planning:
- 4.1 Conducts learning needs assessments regularly to identify organizational, departmental and units education and practice needs.
- 5. Educational Design:
- 5.1 Develops educational offering based on organization/clinical priorities and the learningneeds of the intended audience.
- 6. Resource & Facilities:
- 6.1 Demonstrates knowledge of the financial resources available and the impact on program design.
- 7. Records and Reports:
- 7.1 Identifies organizational, service line and external agency requirements fordocumentation and record keeping.
- 8. Evidence-Based Practice:
- 8.1 Promotes best practice in bedside care.
- 9. Professional Development:
- 9.1 Assists in the identification of staff for preceptor development.
- 10. Practice Readiness:
- 10.1 Facilitates unit orientation for nursing students by collaborating with the core department.
- 11. Measurement Strategies:
- 11.1 Integrates nursing performance indicators in education activities.
- 12. Professional Self-Development:
- 12.1 Seeks out opportunities for professional growth through organizational affiliations or certification within specialty area.
Bachelor's Degree - BSN required.
3-5 years of active clinical nursing experience, one year of relevant teaching experience preferred, Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred
Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred
Minimum 3 years clinical experience in perioperative nursing.
MSN preferred. BSN required.