To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
With The Guidance Of The Manager Of Pastoral Care, Provides Direct Pastoral Care To Patients, Their Families And Hospital Staff. Provides Pastoral Care To Patients And Staff System-Wide, Including Those At The Cancer Center. Coordinates Pastoral Care Functions At Westerly Hospital, Including Volunteers And On-Call Pastoral Support.
- 1. Provides Direct Pastoral Care To Patients, Families And Staff System-Wide.
- 2. Coordinates Pastoral Care Volunteers And On-Call Pastoral Coverage At Westerly Hospital.
- 3. Provides On-Call Coverage For L+M Hospital One Weekend A Month And Periodically On Week Nights In Cooperation With Other Chaplains.
- 4. Assesses Patients? Spiritual Conditions And Makes Appropriate Plans For Follow-Up.
- 5. Documents Pastoral Care Visits According To Policy In The Hospital?S Electronic Charting Program And Complies With Other Departmental Procedures For Information Gathering And Statistical Reporting.
- 6. Makes Referrals To Other Patient Care Areas (E.G. Social Work, Psychiatry) As Appropriate.
- 7. Contacts The Patient?S Place Of Worship With The Patient?S Permission.
- 8. Participates In Departmental Meetings, Events And Educational Sessions.
- 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bachelor's Degree Required. Master Of Divinity (M.Div.), Master Of Arts In Theology (Ma-Theology) Or Equivalent From Accredited Theological Seminary Preferred.
One Year Working As Chaplain In A Health Care Setting
Board Certification From Apc Or Equivalent Is Preferred
Letter Of Endorsement For Hospital Ministry By Appropriate Religious Authority