To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of routine administrative support accounting functions that are part of a high-volume integrated supply chain management process by reviewing, researching identified discrepancies and processing requests for Accounts Payable (A/P) disbursements (purchase orders or invoices for services) for assigned vendors. Utilizes integrated computer software application (Lawson) to process requests for vouchers and checks, post payments and credits to vendor accounts, and produce associated reports. Also requires the use for the Health Systems Imagenow optical scanning and workflow automation process to process invoices and insure mure timely payments to vendors. Participates in daily and periodic monitoring activities and analyses; effectively communicates and serves as a liaison between requisitioning departments, purchasing and receiving departments, and/or vendors in response to inquiries, to trouble shoot problems and correct discrepancies, and to help ensure timely and accurate payments. All functions are performed in accordance with established departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- 1. VOUCHER PROCESSING - Reviews and processes requests for A/P disbursements (Three-Way Match for purchase order invoices, or Two-Way Match for services invoices) for assigned vendors for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual agreements with vendors. Performs calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and makes necessary modifications to vouchers.
- 1.1 Develops and maintains working knowledge of supply chain management process, and department and organizational procedures for processing A/P disbursements.
- 2. INTEGRATED LAWSON SOFTWARE APPLICATION - Completes A/P process utilizing integrated Lawson software application to code, perform data entry and verify A/P data in order to create and batch payment vouchers, assuring timely payment for 95% of processing, post payments and credits to appropriate vendors, and generate appropriate disbursement reports.
- 2.1 Develops and maintains knowledge of numerous A/P, financial and supply chain management data entry panels within Lawson application to look up and verify various stages of supply chain management for requested disbursements. Accurately performs required data entry, and prints required reports from the system.
- 3. ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE (EDI) - May be required to develop and maintain knowledge of web-based EDI applications and vendor procedures in order to look up and verify data, research discrepancies, perform routine analyses, print reports and electronically transfer data between A/P and other organizations.
- 4. ANALYTICS AND REPORTING - Methodically review, monitor, research and resolve discrepancies in invoices, purchase orders, receipts and vendor statements. Compile disbursement information in logs and generates routine to somewhat complex statistical summary reports as required.
- 4.1 On a daily basis, review, research and resolve discrepancies with individual invoices identified during processing. On a monthly basis, solicits electronic vendor statements from Top 10 vendors from own assigned vendors. Reviews statements, identifies and resolves any outstanding issues.
- 5. QUALITY IMPROVEMENT - As requested, participates in activities or committees to review and improve workflow and processes within the department. Willingly learns and adapts to process and workflow changes due to changes in systems and or technologies utilized to review and process AP disbursements.
- 6. CUSTOMER SERVICE - Provides exceptional customer service through ongoing professional communications, and continual follow through with requisitioning departments and vendors. Demonstrates outstanding customer service and the Key Behaviors outlined in the Hospital's Core Success Factors in all interactions.
- 6.1 Serves as a liaison between requisitioning departments, purchasing and receiving departments, and/or vendors by selecting the most appropriate method to communicate inquiries (verbal, written or electronic) and follow through until discrepancies or problems are resolved and the process completed.
- 7. MISCELLANEOUS ADMINISTRATIVE - On a rotating basis, open, date-stamp, sort and distribute to appropriate employees all incoming mail for the Accounts Payable department. Follows established department procedures for maintaining electronic and hard copy files and associated records.
- 7.1 Puts voucher cover sheet on top of invoice once it has been processed, accurately recording the voucher number in upper right corner. Files invoices in numeric order in the file cabinet on a daily basis, with no exceptions.
- 8. 8. OPTICAL SCANNING AND WORKFLOW AUTOMATION - Is required to work within the Health Systems optical scanning and workflow automation capability to process vendor PO invoices and check requests. This capability significantly changes the manner in which invoice processing takes place in AP by depending on automated workflow processing requiring a strong knowledge of the ImageNow system design and workflow protocols. The AP service rep is required to manage the integrated procurement to payment process using only on-line tools.
High school diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business or related field is preferred.
One (1) to two (2) year's accounts payable experience or six (6) months experience working in Accounts Payable at YNHHS, utilizing an automated accounts payable system (Lawson preferred) incorporating optical scanning and workflow automation with experience in vendor statement reconciliation. Accounts payable experience working for company with over one billion in accounts payable is annual spend preferred.
KNOWLEDGE OF: Superlative time management skills, superlative organizational skills, effective critical thinking skills combined with excelent interpersonal skills, effective verbal and listening communication skills. High level math skills, general accounting principles, and basic understanding of the relationship between accounts payable and supply chain management Standard accounts payable policies, procedures and regulations; purchase order, invoices, and related accounts payable documentation . Intermediate alpha-numeric keyboarding skills (50 wpm); Intermediate end-user skills using Window-based software (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Powerpoint preferred) to process data into database applications and to produce, format and generate reports. Basic end-user skills in Lawson A/P and Supply Chain management database application. Skill in use of operating basic office equipment (e.g. copies, fax, calculator, multi-function telephone) Strong detail orientation with strong data review and processing skills Record maintenance skills. Understand the supply chain process and A/P's role and integration into that process Analyze and solve routine A/P problems Maintain confidentiality of records and information. Multi-task and organize/manage tasks and activities on daily basis in a high-volume, fast-paced accounting environment. Function independently as a self-motivated achiever; but must also possess strong team working ability. Understand and follow specific written and verbal instructions and procedures. Analyze and solve problems