To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the Payroll Manager, directs the activities of all daily, monthly and quarterly payroll activities. Regularly reviews daily processes and procedures to determine effectiveness and accuracy of all payroll process output. Works with Payroll department staff and other departments to resolve issues and improve payroll effectiveness. Ensures positive interaction with customers to faciliate operations and promotes good customer relations in the work environment. Develops new procedures and participates in the planning and implemention of system improvements to enhance the operating functions of the department.
- 1. Demonstrates and communicates sensitivity to the needs and concerns of all customers as well as coworkers in the performance of work activities.
- 2. Supervises the daily activities and effectiveness of Payroll team members. Reviews daily work assignments to determine their volume, complexity, and status.
- 3. Analyzes data reports, develops statistical reports using Excel, Access and ACL and uses the data to assess new trends and/or potential problems. Shares findings and concerns with the Payroll Systems Manager and works to develop new strategies. Develops new reports as department needs change.
- 4. Develops new reports and process changes to improve Payroll and related processes. Interacts with members of ITS, HRIS and HR to determine collaborative solutions.
- 5. Ensures adherence to Payroll policy and tax requirements.
- 6. Insures that the internal cross-training process is on-going and efficient, so that staff members can be assigned to various responsibilities to ensure that departmental goals are met in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. Provides all necessary information to other departments ensuring a clear understanding of the necessary procedures as they relate the issue at hand.
- 7. Responsible to assist in the selection, training, and motivation of Payroll team members, makes effective recommendations regarding hiring, promotions, terminations, discipline, and changes in employment status. Has input into regular performance reviews for assigned personnel. Provides orientation for new employees.
- 8. In the absence of the department manager, utilizes Kronos system to review, edit, and authorize the accuracy of Payroll employees' hours to be paid
- 9. Is responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of: 1. All quarterly and annual payroll tax filings; 2. Remittance of payments to government agencies for all payroll tax accounts
- 10. Is responsible to insure the accuracy of all payroll tax variations are resolved as quickly as possible with the primary payroll person.
- 11. Keep informed of changes in regulations regarding payroll tax withholdings and accompanying contractual requirements with vendors such as BSI and ADP.
- 12. Assists staff members in identifying obstacles hindering operations and helps to determine the course of action to be taken when analyzing and resolving problems. Makes sound decisions and works closely with staff when developing and implementing operating procedures as they relate to the area.
- 13. In conjunction with the Payroll manager is responsible to provide continuity of coverage in all situations(e.g., staff shortages to disaster recovery).
- 14. Provides back-up assistance through the department when necessary and performs such other activities as may be assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other healthcare related field required.
A minimum of 5 years of payroll and payroll tax accounting. Experience with Lawson, Kronos, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, ACL, Outlook, ADP and BSI.
Excellent interpersonal, anyaltical and communication skills. Ability to movite and manage a work group. PC skills required including knowledge of various software packages including the ability to use report writer functions.