To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Development Director provides leadership within the Development Office by managing all programs for raising money for the department. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Development and plays a significant role in leading the Hospital Development program into its next phase of growth. While the primary responsibilities of the Development Director are to manage, implement, oversee and evaluate the Hospital's fundraising goals, this person also is responsible for a portfolio of prospects capable of making major gifts to the Hospital.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with the Vice President of Development to create a comprehensive development program.
• Coordinates the Planned Giving program to assure gifts are structured for the maximum benefit of both the Hospital and the donor.
• Assists the VP in the Hospital planning process for Annual Giving, Planned Giving, Special Events, Development Operations and Patient Services.
• Maintains an active portfolio and serves as primary Relationship Manager for these individuals. Responsible for Stewardship, Cultivation, and Solicitation of these donors.
• Assists the VP in the planning and implementation of Development events targeted toward all constituencies and various stages of the development process, including prospect identification, relationship building and stewardship.
• Manages the Systems Coordinator and Development Associate, who handle all gift data functions for the department.
• Creates and nurtures good relationships with volunteers, including Trustees, Development Committee Members, business and community leaders, professional advisors and other interested parties.
• Develops and manages the Grateful Patient Program for the Hospital when implemented
• Cultivates and solicits individual major gift prospects (other than those in current portfolio) for Hospital needs and projects, including capital campaigns, endowment, as well as additional clinical and programmatic priorities.
• Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
• Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 10 years related work experience and/or training of directly related professional work experiences required, with demonstrated fund raising and major gifts experience.
Other: Ability to manage and motivate staff. Thorough understanding of the development process, including prospect identification, relationship building, solicitation, and stewardship. Strong marketing and consultative selling ability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work well with a wide variety of people, including volunteers, prospects and their professional advisors., Intermediate to advanced skills in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and Raiser's Edge. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records/information; gather data, compile information and prepare reports; analyze and solve complex problems; when requested, assist VP with administrative and procedural decisions, supervise and train employees and volunteers, to include organizing , prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments; and organize resources and establish priorities. Knowledge of Planned Giving is highly desired.