To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Under the direction of the Medical Clinical Director and Lactation Program Manager functions to provide direct lactation support and education to patients and staff across the continuum of care. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team to plan, evaluate and ensure quality patient care to the breastfeeding dyad and family . Services provides include patient and staff assessment and education, consultation, research and leadership. Provides comprehensive consultation to nurses, physicians and other professional health care team members . Provides clinical leadership in activities of the department relating to policies, standards of care, and the collaborative practice of nursing.
- 1. Establishes a professional rapport and empowers women to make informed choices.
- 2. Demonstrates a strong understanding of adult learning principles, current clinical care and leadership.
- 3. Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- 4. Assesses participants level of understanding and adapts instruction to benefit the participants
- 5. Offers verbal and written feedback to the Childbirth Education Coordinator and administrative staff on attendance, participation and improvements to the classroom experience.
- 6. Facilitates and models development of critical thinking, problem solving and communications skills among the students.
- 7. Promotes professional self-development and enhances expertise through literature reviews and attendance at conferences related to prenatal education, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
- 8. Collaborates with Childbirth Education Coordinator to assure that appropriate level of instruction and content is planned and executed
- 9. Collaborates with Childbirth Education Coordinator to assure that appropriate level of instruction and content is planned and executed.
- 10. Serves as a resource for staff regarding community services available to prenatal patients.
- 11. Promotes effective working relationships interdepartmentally to facilitate the department's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- 12. Reinforces behaviors consistent with customer service standards.
- 13. Collaborates on departmental projects related to prenatal care, childbirth and lactation services.
- 14. Supports leadership in ensuring that excellent customer service standards are met.
- 15. Assists in the care and maintenance of instructional materials, equipment and class records.
- 16. Negotiates a personal development plan based on self-evaluation and peer review.
- 17. In collaboration with the Childbirth Education Coordinator, assists with the development and implementation of performance improvement plans when needed.
- 18. Performs other related work as assigned or required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
1-3 years experience preferred, certified childbirth educator or equivalent certification required.
Preferred national certification in Childbirth Education or other specialities as required by the teaching assignment.
Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.