To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Is responsible for planning, staffing and organizing all functions of the Patient Access Department. This includes Admitting, Lab, and ED areas. Provides instruction, training and guidance to all hospital registration areas. Acting as a liaison and resource with all decentralized patient access areas.
- 1. Technical Duties
- 1.1 Maintains knowledge of current hospital systems and servers as a resource to other Managers and Departments.
- 2. Professional Duties
- 2.1 Establishes and implements department objectives, work plans, staffing, work methods and performance standards.
- 3. Service
- 3.1 Responsible for creating an environment supportive of the needs of internal and external customers.
- 4. People
- 4.1 Orients and trains new employees to the department regarding duties, expectations, operations and responsibilities.
- 5. Finance
- 5.1 Shows fiscal responsibilitie surroundig budget requirements. Budgets effectively and monitors departmental budget. ????
- 6. Quality
- 6.1 Tracks staff quality by monitoring daily registration error reports. Reports findings monthly to staff and Revenue Cycle Director.
- 7. Key Management Responsibilities
- 7.1 Monthly variances are completed and returned to the Director within 3 days of receipt.
- 8. Other
- 8.1 Communicates concerns and issues to Director on a regular basis
Associates degree in related field
A minimum of 5 years in patient access or healthcare patient financial services. Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role in patient access. Extensive experience in front end collection copay experience. Advanced knowledge of excel and word.