To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the operations manager the group leader performs a wide variety of duties to coordinate and direct Patient Transportation Assistants.
- 1. Trains/orients new employees, assigns work schedules. Acts as resource for staff with any operational questions.
- 2. Organizes, directs and assigns work activities for the team of food service workers. Provides input to operations manager regarding performance. Identifies and communicates any issues in a timely fashion.
- 3. Participates in the work activities of the team as necessary.
- 4. Monitors and adjusts schedules for proper coverage. Maintains daily attendance records of Patient Transportation Assistants.
- 5. Ensures that safety rules are followed, materials and equipment are safely utilized and that unsafe working conditions are reported.
- 6. Communicates clearly ever changing practices with work flow.
- 7. Consistently leads by example.
- 8. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
- 9. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Minimum two-three (2-3) years? experience in a medical environment, one year in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Able to read, write and speak English; able to perform simple mathematical calculations, additions, subtraction, multiplication, and division.