To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Clerical And Secretarial Support To The Perioperative Team Including Physicians, Asu Management And Staff. Provides High Level Of Clerical/Secretarial Support For Patient Care Including Ensuring Completion Of Patient Chart, Telephone And Desk Communication, Scheduling, Ordering, Charging And Collection Of Patient Payments. Maintains A Working Knowledge Of Medical Terminology, And Completes Other Tasks As Requested To Maintain A High Level Of Service Quality For Perioperative Services.
- 1. Demonstrates Ability To Prioritize And Effectively Organize Work Flow Of Multiple Area Projects And Tasks.
- 2. Assists And Supports The Surgeons, Anesthesiologist, Cardiologist, Endoscopist, And Medical Md In Obtaining, Compiling And Coordinating All Required Documentation And Test Results. Facilitates For The Surgeon Outside Resources As Needed (Such As Aicd/Pacemakers).
- 3. Works Collaboratively And Continuously With Operating Room Secretary To Ensure Efficient Patient Flow Of The Surgical Schedule.
- 4. Provides Receptionist And Telephone Service For Patient Care. Communicates With Patients, Families, Physician Offices And Hospital Departments. Maintains Desk Communication Activities During Emergency Situations.
- 5. Participates In Upfront Collections Of Patient Payments For Surgery And Procedures.
- 6. Enters Charges For Outpatient Surgical And Pain Procedures.
- 7. Responsible For Compiling Department Statistics.
- 8. Organizes, Maintains, Retrieves And Disseminates Information To Support The Perioperative Team In Accordance With Policy To Ensure That Pending Matters Are Brought To Closure.
- 9. Accurately Transcribes Physician Orders Into Computer. Schedules Patients For Special Tests With Appropriate Departments And Relays Pertinent Information To Rn.
- 10. Maintains Registrar Skills. Registers Patients As Needed.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent
Previous Work Experience As A Huc, Medical Secretary, Or Registrar Preferred. Computer Experience, Medical Terminology, Customer Services, Basic Knowledge Of Anatomy, Physiology And Understanding Of Medications Required.
Must Possess Good Computer Skills And Excellent Communication Skills.