To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our
Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion -
must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Director of Home Care Services, the incumbent receives patient referral information from
physicians, acute care settings, sub acute, intermediate care, and other sources. Ensures appropriateness for
home care services.
1. Receives referrals made to Agency from all sources via EPIC Care Link, phone calls, or fax.
2. Interprets referrals for diagnosis clarity, specific service requests, safety.
3. Coordinates with nurse manager and/or therapy manager as needed to schedule admissions.
4. Enters referrals into agency EMR.
5. Coordinates with Clinical Secretary to verify insurance information.
6. Prepares monthly referral activity reports for Director, Home Care Services.
7. Develops and maintains strong working relationships within YNHHS, as well as, with all outside referral
8. Exhibits excellent customer service, professionalism, problem solving, resource management, teamwork and
9. Attends all required staff meetings, inservices, and any other required meetings.
10.Completes all annual employee requirements timely.
EDUCATION (number of years and type required to perform the position duties):
BSN in Nursing preferable.
EXPERIENCE (number of years and type required to meet an acceptable level of performance):
Minimum of five years in nursing with at least three of those years in home health care. Extensive knowledge of
insurances, managed care, PDGM, OASIS, and home care eligibility requirements. Coding knowledge desirable.
Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to effectively work with outside personnel from various healthcare settings
as well as internal staff from all disciplines. Ability to learn quickly, use critical thinking skills, and multi-task.
Strong computer skills.
ACCOUNTABILITY (how this position is held accountable for such as goals achievement, budget adherence, or
other areas of accountability):
Accountable for accurately receiving and processing patient referrals.
COMPLEXITY (describe planning, problem solving, decision making, creative activity, or other special factors
inherent in the responsibilities of this position):
In personal and job-related decisions and actions, consistently demonstrates the values of integrity (doing the right
thing), patient-centered (putting patients and families first), respect (valuing all people and embracing all differences),
accountability (being responsible and taking action), and compassion (being empathetic).
Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and be able to problem solve. Requires a considerable knowledge base of
Registered Nurse with valid (or eligible) Connecticut license required.