To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Directs a wide variety of administrative, fiscal and operational activities to ensure the efficient and quality operations of the following areas: Inpatient Radiology, Satellite Imaging (multiple locations), Pharmacy Operations, Respiratory, Sleep, Pulmonary Function, Laboratory Medicine to include draw stations, Morgue, Primary Care Center, Medease, and the Men’s Health Program. Essential duties and responsibilities include being the liaison for Yale New Haven Health System Strategy and implementation of Service Line and Clinical Program efforts.
- 1. Responsibility for operational performance of the following areas to include patient experience, quality & safety, regulatory, financial, new business plans and program growth, physician relationship management and personnel.
- 2. Responsibility for key efforts to drive service, access and quality to serve our patients to include employees and their families.
- 3. Represent BH at key local and system forums and drive change and improvements back into the BH DN.
- 4. Develops and maintains good human relations skills with employees, patients, medical staff and visitors in performance of duties. Solicits feedback from these constituencies to improve operations.
- 5. Establishes and/or contributes to the development of annual goals and objectives, and to the on -going evaluation of results obtained.
- 6. Responsible to partner with Finance in the budget build process for areas of responsibility to include developing new business plans and cost containment activities. Ensure budgeted goals are achieved and cost objectives are met.
- 7. Oversees the selection, training, scheduling and development of personnel to include succession planning for key leadership positions within areas of responsibility.
- 8. Develops, monitors and reports the quality improvement activities of the departments and acts appropriately on outcomes of performance.
- 9. Provides effective communication link between staff and other departments and administration.
- 10. Collaboration with key service lines across YNHHS.
- 11. Manages relationships with YSM, NEMG and Community providers.
- 12. Assess the current and future market and competitive environment including anticipated clinical advancements on current operations and proactively adapt programs/services to accommodate anticipated changes.
- 13. Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current trends, laws and philosophies in regards to health care management and areas of responsibility.
- 14. Establishes performance standards with which to measure effectiveness and efficiency of personnel and activities.
- 15. Responds to customer needs, patients, staff and physicians by devising and implementing customer satisfaction initiatives in all areas of responsibility.
- 16. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to all applicable state /federal regulations and JCAHO standards and assures compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Masters degree in Business or healthcare related field preferred
Seven to ten years progressive management experience in a healthcare setting required. Proven experience managing multiple departments.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Evidence of solid project management skills. Evidence of excellent management skills. Willing to run 24/7 operations.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Evidence of solid project management skills. Evidence of excellent management skills. Willing to run 24/7 operations. Certification or Licensure in the area of specialty relevant to leadership of the area of responsibility required.