To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of duties associated with the planning, implementation, and administration of physician and advanced practice provider (APP) compensation plans and programs across YNHHS and affiliates. Conducts data collection and analysis involved in calculating physician and APP compensation. Conducts quantitative and qualitative fair market value (FMV) and commercial reasonableness analyses to support physician employment arrangements.
- 1. Collaborates with key Talent Acquisition and Business Development stakeholders to facilitate timely review of FMV requests related to physician employment.
- 2. Supports standardization of provider compensation offers across YNHHS' diverse range of clinical specialties to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the provider recruiting process.
- 3. Develops working knowledge of valuation theory and all applicable regulations governing physician-hospital business arrangements, including Stark Law. Anti-Kickback Statue, and the Internal Revenue Code to support FMV analyses.
- 4. Reviews and makes recommendations to the Program Director on appropriate total cash compensation for prospective employed physicians based on each physician's individual clinical specialty, administrative responsibilities, and arrangement structure.
- 5. Analyzes provider compensation survey data to evaluate provider clinical and administrative roles and ensures YNHHS participation in appropriate provider compensation surveys. Develops appropriate blended data points for positions with more than one distinct role, based on a thorough understanding of the roles.
- 6. Assists Provider Compensation Consultants and Program Director with maintaining documentation of relevant provider compensation programs, including administrative guidelines , approved compensation grids, market data, and other processes to support provider compensation plan and program administration.
- 7. Audits physician payroll data to ensure compliance with terms of employment arrangements.
- 8. Supports the development of robust qualitative commercial reasonableness documentation to support the underlying business case behind each physician employment arrangement.
- 9. Develops and maintains strong end-user skills related to Human Resources Information System (HRIS) applications as they pertain to provider compensation programs. Works closely with staff in corporate HRIS , Budget & Finance, Talent Acquisition, Payroll, and ITS departments to ensure integrity of position data, and the proper maintenance of employee data and information
- 10. Works with appropriate internal stakeholders to aggregate data required to support third-party consultants providing FMV assessments of physician compensation arrangements.
- 11. Assists with development of compensation program communications, as appropriate.
- 12. Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, undertakes special research projects related to physician and APP compensation, business/compensation valuation, and Stark/Anti-Kickback Statute compliance, and presents findings to key internal stakeholders.
- 13. Participates as a member of various organization-wide teams and committees, as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Health Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
Zero to three years experience in physician/provider compensation, finance, management consulting, or related field. Hospital/healthcare experience preferred.
Business valuation credential preferred, including Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), Accreditation in Business Valuation (ABV), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA).
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization. Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities. Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a team environment. Ability to quickly develop strong knowledge of organizational structure and reporting relationships. Ability to research, analyze and think critically. Ability to plan, coordinate and administer complex administrative policies, systems and processes .Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office Suite, with advanced end-user skills in Excel. Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems with ability to learn specific HRIS applications.
Primarily sedentary work sitting within typical office setting . Requires occasional ability to lift, push and pull objects such as files and office supplies up to 30 pounds and/or continuously up to 10 pounds; and occasional moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, walking long distances or moving from one work site to another. Frequent use of telephones requiring ability to hear and speak to clearly convey detailed or important information; and continuous use of computer and other office equipment requiring fingering and strong keyboarding skills .