To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides technical and analytical support and participates in the planning, administration and communication of physician and advanced practice provider (APP) compensation programs for YNHHS and affiliates. Maintains and updates provider compensation reports and participates in labor market analyses. Advises, consults and partners with leadership to resolve issues related to provider compensation, equity and HR compliance. Develops and implements programs and plans related to compensation and performance management to ensure YNHHS maintains competitive pay programs. Collaborates with other departments across Human Resources to ensure effective issue resolution. Maintains complex information in human resource information system (HRIS) pertaining to position management and provider compensation programs. Works with area management to develop accurate job descriptions, gathers relevant internal and external market data to develop effective job evaluation and salary recommendations Advises and consults on issues related to provider compensation, performance management and organizational development for providers across the YNHHS network. Provides guidance to Provider Compensation Analyst as needed.
- 1. Supports the design and development of provider compensation plans and programs, including salary range structures, program administration guidelines and related procedures.
- 2. Develops in-depth knowledge of valuation theory and all applicable regulations governing provider compensation, including Stark Law. Anti-Kickback Statue, and the Internal Revenue Code to support fair market value (FMV) analyses.
- 3. Facilitates timely resolution and, as necessary, escalation of compensation and payroll-related issues for physicians and APPs.
- 4. Serves as principal liaison between individual providers and Compensation leadership on matters related to compensation program implementation and issue resolution.
- 5. Participates in the development of provider compensation program communications to management and employees, including annual compensation programs, compensation guide to managers, and annual incentive plans.
- 6. Maximizes the utilization of compensation software and databases to streamline provider compensation programs. Participates in analysis of survey results and formulates recommendations to maintain desired position in selected clinical specialties. Designs and implements custom surveys as appropriate. Develops cost estimates of any recommendations and supports presentation of recommendations Senior Leadership for further consideration.
- 7. Develops and maintains strong end-user skills related to Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and physician contract management applications as they pertains to provider compensation programs.
- 8. Works closely with staff in Human Resources, Budget & Finance, Talent Acquisition, Payroll and HRIS to ensure the proper maintenance of employee data and information; develops and implements solutions to any problems which may arise.
- 9. Works with leadership to develop position descriptions and specifications for budget-approved and proposed provider positions within the Health System. Reviews job descriptions with managers and incumbents to verify responsibilities and specifications. Develops recommendations regarding classification and salary range information for approved evaluation requests.
- 10. Performs specialized research studies on a range of provider compensation topics, as specifically assigned; analyzes and interprets data and prepares summary reports.
- 11. Participates as a member of various organization-wide teams and committees.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Health Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
Three to five years experience in provider compensation or physician/APP human resources management.
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of organization and to function effectively in a team environment. Ability to develop strong knowledge of organizational structure and reporting relationships. Demonstrated research, analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to plan, coordinate and administer complex administrative policies, systems and processes. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments regarding sensitive, confidential issues. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office Suite, advanced end-user skills in Excel; working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems with ability to learn specific HRIS applications. Ability to interpret complex material from various sources.
Primarily sedentary work sitting within typical office setting . Requires occasional ability to lift, push and pull objects such as files and office supplies up to 30 pounds and/or continuously up to 10 pounds; and occasional moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, walking long distances or moving from one work site to another. Frequent use of telephones requiring ability to hear and speak to clearly convey detailed or important information; and continuous use of computer and other office equipment requiring fingering and strong keyboarding skills.