To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs duties that involve identifying equipment needed for direct patient or support functions, adequately storing and maintaining clinical equipment and care and setup of equipment to support patient care. All duties are performed within prescribed timeframes and according to departmental policies and procedures. Participates as a member of the Emergency Department, contributes to a positive work environment, and demonstrates an ongoing commitment to excellent customer service and high quality work performance at all times. Supports the development of programs that support the management of ED equipment and facilities in order to drive maximum availability, utilization and clinical staff satisfaction. Collaborates with Nursing leadership, Engineering department and outside vendors in the delivery and coordination of equipment and facilities services. Has responsibility for ensuring availability of an appropriate inventory of functional and up to date equipment to support the clinical operations. Coordinates with Facilities group services which include general facility upkeep and repairs.
- 1. Equipment Inventory Management - ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of equipment to meet the demands of the ED on an ongoing basis. Participate in develop and imlementation of mechanisms to identify equipment in need of repair, and assist in implementing systems for the espeditious repair and return to service of equipment. Assist in development of communication channels to clinical staff about all matters regarding equipment. Assist in purchase order submission, tracking and delivery of all clinical and non-clinical equipment.
- 2. Inventory and storage area maintenance: Ensures proper storage and organization of all equipment. Keeps inventory of available equipment accurate and up-to-date. Keeps equipment in regulatory compliance in conjunction with clinical engineering. Inspects equipment for safety sticker. Returns equipment to designated storage location. Checks equipment for functionality and cleanliness and stocks with required supplies or accessories. Orders all needed accessories.
- 3. FacilitiesManagement - assists and coordinates with general Facilities maintenance services, repairs and installation and maintenance of security and safety systems.
- 4. Supplies Management: Performs a variety of supply related functions which support the organization's patient care efforts. This includes but is not limited to using hand held PC devices to inventory unit supply areas, put away supply orders, maintain the supply areas in a neat and orderly fashion, identify and process emergency supply orders as needed, participate in teams to review and make changes to unit supply pars, perform all necessary receiving functions for unit supply deliveries, and general act as an advocate in all areas of medical supplies for units the employee is responsible for. Must work as part of a team that includes the patient servcie manager, nursing, and Materials representatives to include supply vendors, Customer Service Coordinators, vendors, and other materials staff in order to ensure qualiaty customer service and meeting patient care needs as they relate to supplies.
- 5. Customer Service: acts as resource to clinical staff (primary customer) for use of equipment. Participates as team memeber and contributes to the cohesiveness of the department to ensure a positive work environment.
- 6. Professional Development: Keeps up to date with changes to existing equipment and new technology introduced into inventory by attending appropriate in services and demonstrating competency as required. Participate in staff training regarding equipment care.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferably one (1) to three (3) years experience in a clinical operations or clinical engineering setting. Expert knowledge of clinical equipment highly desirable.
Ability to prioritize and adjust work plans in a fast-pace environment. Knowledge of clinical engineering policies, clinical operation, and information systems. Strong personal computer skills desirable. Proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in analytical thinking and problem solving related to increased departmental and organizational operating efficiency. Ability to effectively and independently manage multiple priorities and assigned projects and initiatives.