To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides supply and physical assistance to the professional staff and department in fulfilling the mission of Rehabilitation Services in providing quality and cost effective care to patients. Assists in keeping the department clean, stocked and in a regulatory ready condition.
- 1. Assists therapists with patient care under their direct supervision. Also is responsible for maintaining equipment, supplies in an operational readiness condition to avoid unnecessary delays in patient treatments.
- 1.1 Assists with patient care daily as available, requested and instructed by the therapist. Prepares treatment area and obtains equipment/supplies prior to the treatment session.
- 2. Maintains work area to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the department so that the best possible patient care may be provided to the patient.
- 2.1 Restocks inventory weekly or more frequently if needed. Identifies additional items needed and generates an order for the supplies/equipment.
- 3. Performs other department related duties as assigned by the manager/designee in order to contribute to the efficient operation of the department.
- 3.1 Covers for other Associates needed in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- 4. Manages the Hydro Therapy area to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the whirlpool area so that the best possible patient care may be provided to the patient.
- 4.1 Stocks linen and Central Sterile supplies in an orderly manner. Stocks supplies and rotates supplies to ensure none are expired. Brings supplies to CSS at the end of each day.
High school graduate.
One (1) to two (2) years of patient care experience preferred.
Job requires dexterity to perform support services for the therapist. Moderate amount of physical effort required, including (1) intermittent sitting, standing (may be constant at times depending on assignment), lifting, bending, and pushing/pulling, (2) constant walking at times (depending on assignment), and (3) occasional heavy lifting (30-50 lbs). Must be able to maintain a busy pace throughout the day. Must be able to accurately read and utilize metric measurements, calibrate and report findings on equipment, setup and maintain a sterile/clean field. Able to apply infection control precautions to multiple situations.
Must be able to physically support patients while assisting therapists. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.