To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Services, assume responsibility for all administrative and operational aspects for the training and education of all technicians/liaisons at Outpatient Pharmacy Services and all retail locations under Medical Center Pharmacy.
- 1. Serve as the primary point of contact for pharmacy technician/liaison training and education for Medical Center Pharmacy. Record and review required elements of continuing technician education for each technician/liaison.
- 2. Develop, maintain, and communicate necessary policies and procedures related to the pharmacy technician/liaison training and education. This includes, but is not limited to policies related to completing required elements of YNHH-required and PTCB continuing education in a timely fashion.
- 3. Develop and maintain educational materials and content for technician/liaison training and education.
- 4. Collaborate with the Outpatient Technician Supervisors and assist pharmacy technicians/liaisons with the development of individual educational plans, in conjunction with the Pharmacy Technician Career Ladder as well as personal educational goals. Identify and assist with any barriers to educational goals the technician may face (scheduling, etc.)
- 5. Coordinate with Outpatient Technician Supervisors to develop orientation scheduling and training needs for new staff. Primary person responsible for training new staff in all areas of the department. Regular follow up with new hires to ensure on time completion of training schedule.
- 6. Serve as a secondary instructor and facilitator for the Pharmacy Technician Training Program. Administer required assessments and evaluations of students. Ensure successful progress of students through the Pharmacy Technician Training Program with the Technician Training Program Coordinator.
- 7. Coordinate with the facilitator of the technician training and education to create schedules, including didactic, simulation, and experiential components of continuing education.
- 8. Assist with the supervision of the students in the Pharmacy Technician Training Program, as needed.
- 9. Work with the Outpatient Technician Supervisors and Pharmacy Management to ensure continuous quality improvement of the Pharmacy Technician training and education. This includes regular feedback from the technicians regarding training and education needs.
- 10. Maintain records of the Pharmacy Technician training and education, including (but not limited to) individualized educational plans, and documented completion of orientation checklists and any required competencies.
- 11. Effectively demonstrates the principles and conduct consistent with a High Reliability Organization.
- 12. Staff, at a minimum, one shift per two week period (10%), based on needs of the department.
High school diploma required. College degree desirable.
5 years of experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail setting, with strong working knowledge of pharmacy operations is required. Experience using a variety of teaching methods, including lecture -based instruction, to provide education.
Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT), certification by the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
This individual must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills. Must be able to build a positive rapport and listen attentively to the needs of individual trainees /students. Must be able to develop employees through positive motivation and training.