To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Application Of Nursing Principles In The Prevention, Recognition And Treatment Of Work-Related Illness/Injury, While Protecting And Promoting The Health And Safety Of Area Employees. Case Management To Actively Promote Prompt Return To Work And Minimize Lost Time.
- 1. Required To Cross Train And Work In Employee Health As Scheduled.
- 2. Utilizes Interview And Observation Techniques To Perform Individualized Nursing Assessments To Document Complete Data Relating To Work Injuries/Illnesses And Medical Surveillance.
- 3. Communicates Significant Assessment Data With Other Staff Members.
- 4. Seeks Assistance When Care Needs Are Beyond Scope Of Own Experience And Knowledge.
- 5. Recognizes Subtle Signs Of Imminent Danger And/Or Change In Health Status.
- 6. Identifies Problems And Participates In Problem Solving Process.
- 7. Collaborates With Clinical Coordinator To Establish And Implement High Quality Patient/Company Protocols/Guidelines.
- 8. Demonstrates The Ability To Function Independently.
- 9. Demonstrates Commitment To Collaborative Practice Among Physician, Nurse, Aprn/Pa,Employer, Medical Assistants, Case Managers, Administrative Staff And Carriers.
- 10. Demonstrates Competency In Performing Spirometry, Audiometry, Ekg, Urine Drug Collection Screen, Breath Alcohol Testing, And Worker?S Compensation Case Management.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved School Of Nursing, Bsn Preferred
Minimum 3-5 Year Nursing Experience Preferably With Experience In An Occupational Or Employee Health Setting Within The Past Five To Ten Years.
Current State Of Connecticut Registered Nursing License.
Computer Skills Required.