To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assist with care of patients of all ages in the emergency department in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Works under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Ensures treatment rooms are adequately stocked and equipment is in working order. Performs other tasks as directed by Charge RN.
- 1. Performs various functions as a member of the trauma response teams including but not limited to: setting up pleurovacs, setting up I.V.?s, placing patient on monitor (ECG/NIBP/SA-O2), delivering used trauma sets with forms to sterilization room and picking up new sets (if available).
- 2. Performs VS and neuro checks and documents them on charts
- 3. Documents care provided on chart on every patient, in Fast Track; and all patient interactions in the Main ED
- 4. Assists emergency physician by obtaining necessary materials for suturing, dressings and performs basic splinting on fingers, shoulders or ankle.
- 5. Stocks unit supplies and reports defective equipment on every shift.
- 6. Transport patients when necessary to Med/Surg, OB or Telemetry units.
- 7. Under the guidance of an RN, PA or MD performs routine suture removal.
- 8. Gives crutch walking instructions.
- 9. Responds to patient call bells and requests for aid.
- 10. Performs precision G Glucose checks after meeting hospital competency requirements.
- 11. Performs CPR/ Chest compressions
- 12. Performs phlebotomy when directed after meeting hospital competency requirements.
- 13. Performs EKG?s as requested after meeting hospital competency requirements.
- 14. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 15. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent.
1 of 3 are required below:
1)EMT-B certification with 2 years experience, ED Tech experience preferred; or
2) One year of clinical completed and currently enrolled in an accredited school of Nursing; or
3) Two years recent Government Corpsmen experience.