To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Functions in a team environment with other Human Resource Representatives and will be responsible for providing a broad range of employment and staffing services to an assigned group of Hospital departments. Will function in a consultative, facilitative role in order to assist department management in achieving maximum utilization of their staff resources. Specific services provided will include, but not be limited to manpower planning and forecasting, recruitment, selection, employee career assessment and development, turnover and retention analysis, interviewer training, EEO assessment, orientation of new employees, and employee counseling.
- 1. Works with department management in assigned areas to develop short- and long-range staffing plans.
- 2. Develops, in conjunction with departments and others in Human Resources, a recruitment/staffing strategy for the filling of current and projected open positions.
- 3. Reviews new requisitions, determines jobs to be posted and helps create new job descriptions/postings as needed, expense reduction plans, etc; resolves any problems with department management. Communicates regularly with department management regarding status of open positions, status of applicants, etc.
- 4. Visits departments on a regularly scheduled basis and attends appropriate department meetings in order to fully understand and relate to the purpose, programs, work roles, and overall milieu of departments being served.
- 5. In conjunction with the other Human Resource Representatives, recruits for qualified candidates for open positions and anticipated vacancies via advertising, the internet, public and private agencies, community resources, etc. Exercises necessary judgement to contain recruitment costs within budget parameters without sacrificing timeliness of recruitment or quality of applicant flow. Participates in a variety of off-site recruiting functions.
- 6. Conducts interviewer-training programs on an ongoing basis in order to maximize the assessment and evaluation skills and abilities of department management and supervision. Assists (new) managers with introduction to resources and education regarding recruitment process.
- 7. Directs and conducts pre-employment assessments used as selection tools when considering candidates. Consistently recommends candidates based on these evaluations.
- 8. Provides appropriate direction to assigned support staff in an efficient and collegial manner. Manages personal productivity and efficiency through collaboration with support staff and ongoing communication of priorities, workflow requirements and quality of output. Utilizes support staff to the full extent of their job requirements.
- 9. Screens, interviews, assesses and develops appropriate documentation on all appropriate applicants, using a standardized format in order to facilitate consistency in the communications of each applicant's qualifications.
- 10. Advises department management of the relative strengths and weaknesses of various candidates in order to assure constant selection of the most qualified individuals. Includes gathering of references and other pertinent data, as well as assessing the short- and long-term potential for success on the job.
- 11. Communicates regularly with other Human Resources Representatives on recruiting priorities, strategies, and volume to assure optimum utilization and assessment of applicant pool and placements
- 12. Hires applicants selected by department management and consults with management to assure that the proper salary level is assigned; collaborates with Compensation staff on unique or market driven salary discrepancies. Initiates the establishment of new-hire records for orientation.
- 13. Maintains awareness of recruitment sources, results, and costs in order to contribute to analysis of recruitment effectiveness with the group as a whole and for the Director of Recruitment & Staffing.
- 14. Consults with department supervision and management to assess reasons for turnover and to develop long-term retention and employee reinforcement programs.
- 15. Assesses, with department management, the intermediate and long-term advancement potential of individuals with departments, and works with department management to create a responsive working environment (including application of organizational development strategies).
- 16. Assesses and responds to feedback on hiring processes as appropriate.
- 17. Resolves issues with department management and employees related to staffing questions, the job posting system, transfers, etc. Assist with resolution of employee relations situations - including reassignment of displaced employees
- 18. Special projects as assigned. (Ex. pre-employment validation study)
- 19. Evaluates, seeks out and recommends new recruitment tools to improve and enhance process and department efficiency.
- 20. Actively participates in Health System recruitment initiatives and projects. Communicates regularly with other Human Resources Representatives throughout the Health System regarding applicant pool, placement, transfers, shared recruitment, etc.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
Minimum three (3) years of experience in positions involving in depth exposure to employment practices, employee relations, interviewing and applicant assessment, compensation administration, state and federal laws and regulations, and various other areas of Human Resources (in Healthcare preferred).
Excel, Word. Ability to develop proficiency with automated applicant-tracking system in a short period of time.