To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Facility and Medical Directors and Manager, and the Stem Cell Specialist, demonstrates ability to perform a wide variety of routine and some special technical procedures in the Stem Cell Laboratory. Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills. Interprets data based on knowledge and experience. Evaluates, troubleshoots and solves routine problems. Participates in quality control, quality assurance, and equipment maintenance programs in the laboratory.
- 1. Technical Competency: demonstrates technical competency in the performance of routine and complex progenitor cell processing, and quality control.
- 1.1 Performs routine processing and cryopreservation of hematopoietic progenitor cells (HPC) according to SOP, using sterile technique and following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) at all times. Competency is evaluated through direct observation and record review by the stem cell specialist.
- 2. Recordkeeping, Documentation, and Computer Skills: Provides for accurate documentation and reporting of results to ensure quality of patient care by demonstrating good computer and recordkeeping skills.
- 2.1 Clearly, legibly, and accurately completes any hand written record. Corrects handwriting mistakes according to standards.
- 3. Independence/Initiative: Demonstrates independent thinking and action. Demonstrates ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and problem solve.
- 3.1 Recognizes situations that are inconsistent with policy/ procedure or quality patient care. Documents all occurrences on the Variance Report form and performs immediate corrective action as necessary. Makes recommendations for improvements that can be made as a result of the occurrence.
- 4. Professionalism: Demonstrates professionalism at all times both in attitude and in approach to all work activities. Demonstrates a commitment to personal career growth in the field of Laboratory Medicine/ Blood Banking/ HPC Therapy.
- 4.1 Ensures continued expertise and knowledge by attaining a minimum of 5 continuing education points each year, as defined in the Continuing Education SOP.
BS Degree in a Biological Science or equivalent required.
One to two years of relavent clinical or research laboratory experience required. Previous laboratory experience in the cell therapy field preferred.
Knowledge of stem cell regulation and accreditation requirements preferred. Familiarity with personal computer (Excel, Word) desired. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interact with clinical trial sponsors and other hospital staff required. Must have excellent organizational skills.