To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Directly reports to the Director of Clinical Operations. Works collaboratively with various disciplines and clinical services in support of the YNHHS clinical enterprise. While many of these services do not report centrally to the system nor into the same management team, it is vital that these groups work in collaboration to optimize the value that we provide to our patients in their care. S/he is responsible for assisting with the development and execution of priorities aligned with the Care Signature strategic domain. S/he will partner with Clinical Redesign, Joint Data Analytics Team (JDAT), and Service/Lines and Clinical Services to work to drive clinical and operational improvements across all domains of Care Signature with a priority focus on the inpatient environment but also including that of ambulatory operations.
- 1. Under the direction of the Director and VP of Clinical Operations, works with various disciplines across Yale New Haven Health System to support the strategic goals of Care Signature:
- 1.1 Creates and manages project plans tied to care signature efforts across the domains of the System Clinical Council (Quality, Safety, Experience, Professional Practice, Clinical Operations, Non-Clinical Operations, and Clinical IT) as well as with the Service Lines and Clinical Services across Yale New Haven Health System.
- 2. Under the direction of the Director and VP of Clinical Operations, works with various disciplines across Yale New Haven Health System to establish a transparent and actionable data distribution for value dashboards, procedural dashboards, and other data pertinent to understanding variation and best in class performance across Yale New Haven Health System:
- 2.1 Liaison for 12 service lines and clinical services in the development and execution of performance dashboards focused on elements of the Value Equation (Quality, Safety, Experience, and Cost).
- 3. Performs other assignments as directed and/or required by the Director and VP of Clinical Operations in support of the Office of the Chief Clinical Officer or the Clinical Operations Department:
- 3.1 3.1 Establishes business plan for the YNHHS Project Management Office that centralizes this function, provides a consistent framework for process improvement and helps support the entirety of services across the clinical enterprise.
3.2 Demonstrates high-level knowledge and skills in key behaviors that reflect expertise in communication, customer service orientation, problem solving, resource management, results orientation, teamwork and cooperation, business and organization expertise, leadership, and managing performance.
A Masters' Degree is required. Advanced training in performance improvement methodologies is preferred.
Five to seven years of experience in healthcare environment, including at least 2 years in project manager or process improvement. At least two years in managerial/supervisory experience.
CPHQ preferred but not required
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. Ability to work collaboratively and independently. Demonstrates personal maturity and good judgement. Expertise in data collection, change management, process improvement strategies and techniques. Experience in data analysis, statistics and performance improvement is required. Expert knowledge in navigating external benchmarking databases and internal data analytics resources through the Joint Data Analytics Team (JDAT).
Ability to organize and lead clinical providers to improve quality of care delivery. Hold groups responsible and accountable for performance. Expert project management and facilitation skills with complex and matrixed groups across the Health System and Yale Medicine. Experience in data analysis, statistics and performance improvement is required. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate large scale change. Superior communication skills, including presentations. An ability to work collaboratively with and influence individuals at varying levels within the organization. Past experience delivering results in a matrixed work environment. Must be flexible, team-oriented, and able to work independently and autonomously, a critical thinker.