To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Clinical Systems Coordinator is responsible for the orientation and education of all clinical staff to the home care automated clinical system process. She/he will assure that patient data, as well as multi-disciplinary data related to the clinical system is customized, updated and maintained within the continuum of care. The Clinical Coordinator is directly responsible to the Vice President of Finance.
- 1. The following description of job responsibilities and standards are intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- 2. Participates in implementation and customization for home care clinical systems.
- 3. Provides system education and training to home care clinical staff.
- 4. Assumes resource responsibility in the clinical systems.
- 5. Maintains and evaluates automated clinical documentation system.
- 6. Reviews and approves 485?s all non-Medicare admissions.
- 7. Oversees running of Data Integrity reports.
- 8. Oversees approval of 485 recerts of all non-Medicare patients.
- 9. Oversees TPL project.
- 10. Oversees are Watch project.
- 11. Participates in detailed testing of clinical documentation system.
- 12. Analyzes interdepartmental and intradepartmental information flows before, during and after computer implementations in order to assure integrity.
- 13. Develops and integrates policies and procedures related to automated clinical systems.
- 14. Supports and maintains hardware including troubleshooting CE devices and point-of-service computers.
- 15. Assists and trains nursing staff with use of point-of service hardware and communication equipment.
- 16. Assists Clinical Supervisors in development of operation processes that are compatible with the automated clinical documentation system.
- 17. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- 18. Remains flexible in work schedule in order to provide the most effective and efficient support for the department.
- 19. Projects a positive attitude and enthusiasm about agency mission, philosophy, and policies.
- 20. Performs other duties as assigned by Vice President of Finance.
- 21. HIPAA Access Level 4.
B.S.N. or R.N., current Connecticut RN license. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in writing. Understands personal computers, Windows, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word. Also understands home care clinical and financial software systems such as PTCT. Knowledge of Oasis preferred. General understanding of computer hardware and network systems.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time, and constant handling of up to 10 pounds to occasional handling of 50 pounds. Adequate vision and hearing to carry out assigned duties.