To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Community Physician Liaison reports to the Director of Operations. The Community Physician Liaison is responsible for enhancing the relationship between community physicians and GH-based clinical practices by providing excellent customer service to local physicians. To accomplish this objective, the Community Physician Liaison conducts consistent and meaningful customer relations visits targeting physicians new to the YNHHS system, physicians/groups within our extended network, and current voluntary staff.
- 1. Act as physician advocate and liaison between GH and YM administration and community-based physicians. Troubleshoot access difficulties/problems between community physicians and their offices and GH and YM staff and services.
- 2. Identify and target appropriate physician offices for building relationships with YM.
- 3. Work closely with outlined goals of the Clinical Growth Plan to understand which specialty and services represent GH and YM targets for growth and development.
- 4. Work closely with identified physician practices in the community to understand which services and products would most benefit those community-based practices.
- 5. Contribute current and relevant market information to the appropriate individuals for action or informational purposes.
- 6. Conduct a one-on-one orientation for new physicians, which includes a tour, introductions to key departments and, if applicable, to the Hospitalist assigned to their patients.
- 7. Stay current with hospital policies and procedures, insurance company requirements, and compliance issues. Communicate policy revisions to the physician office community.
- 8. Visit practices and develop relationships with physicians, office managers and staff.
- 9. Facilitate and run quarterly information sessions with community based physician offices and specified departments to promote existing and new GH services.
- 10. Develop competency in the relevant IT systems and systems offering (i.e. Epic) to physician offices.
- 11. Prepare and analyze reports and information and make suggestions for addressing utilization concerns.
- 12. Monitor community utilization of GH inpatient and outpatient/ambulatory services and facilities.
- 13. Retain written records of contacts made; outreach strategies employed and develop weekly communication plan to disseminate to GH Administration.
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, or healthcare.
3-5 years working experience in a health care environment, preferably private practice.
Experience in business, sales or marketing preferred.
The incumbent will possess a skill set and personal attributes which are vital to success in the role. Such needs include high-level critical thinking, decision making abilities, independence, excellent time management, strong verbal and written communication skills, flexibility with an ever changing environment, and comfort with matrix reporting. The individual must have excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with data base use.
Excellent interpersonal skills as well as a proven ability to deal effectively with different groups of people. Demonstrated ability to facilitate support for physician practices.
Ability to communicate effectively and gain credibility with physicians, administration and staff. Demonstrated negotiation skills with strong credibility and accountability to guide transition processes to closure. Demonstrated relationship building skills across disciplines and practices.
Demonstrated ability to understand larger vision and picture in the course of complex practice development and ability to articulate goals and objectives to potential clients.
Proven ability to market concepts as well as concrete systems.