To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Specialty Pharmacy Shipping Associate will support the medication distribution activities of Outpatient Pharmacy Services at YNHHS. This position will participate in the preparation of products for delivery to patients and in other support services associated with prescription filling as well as pharmacy department operations and maintenance.
- 1. 1) Packaging of deliveries according to Outpatient Pharmacy Services at YNHHS policies and procedures.
- 2. 2) Sorting, staging, and planning delivery methods and routes as appropriate.
- 3. 3) Processing delivery orders in software applications (i.e. FedEx, Pitney Bowes, Skycom,etc).
- 4. 4) Oversees the cold ship process, including packaging, and supplies.
- 5. 5) Works with appropriate staff and/or managers to assist in compliance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal laws relating to medication distribution.
- 6. 6) Assists in the monitoring and documentation of medication storage conditions.
- 7. 7) Assists in maintaining privacy, safety, and accuracy through the medication shipment process.
- 8. 8) Maintain inventory of shipping supplies, including ordering, receiving, storing.
- 9. 9) Assists in patient communication and troubleshooting for missed deliveries or patient questions regarding deliveries.
- 10. 10) Assists in the maintenance, filing, and storage/retention of shipping documentation in both paper and electronic formats.
- 11. 11) Assists in cash register functions relating to prescription deliveries and in-patient pickups.
- 12. 12) Assists Outpatient Pharmacy Services at YNHHS staff in the ancillary functions of the department such as department organization and cleaning, in-person customer service, answering the door, and filing of paperwork.
- 13. 13) Assists Outpatient Pharmacy Services at YNHHS staff in the medication filling and inventory functions of the department.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Previous experience in pharmacy, shipping/receiving or logistics areas are preferrerd. Excellent customer service skills are required.
Current State of Connecticut Pharmacy Technician registration or obtained within 30 days of hire.
Strong customer service skills, independent problem solving, and attention to detail are required. Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask/change tasks frequently and quickly.
The working schedule of this position may require days, evenings and weekends, as well as Holiday rotation as department standards dictates.