To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management activities of the compensation department. Manage all market pricing activities to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, while adhering to the company's over-arching compensation philosophy. Provide analytical expertise to Human Resources Business Partners, providing guidance and interpretation of various compensation policies. Manage the high-level project planning components relating to compensation program revision, development, and/or re-design. Responsible for the oversight of the compensation elements of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). Manages the design and implementation of changes to the HRIS, in conjunction with the HRIS and Information Technology Services departments.
- 1. Manages daily activities of the compensation department. This includes, but is not limited to development of the department staff, administration of compensation policies and guidelines, and providing training and support to the Human Resources Business Partners as well as line management and senior management as required.
- 2. Manage the market pricing activities by establishing standards and reviewing work of Compensation Analysts. These activities include the matching of internal positions to external data using standardized surveys for purposes of making recommendations to line management regarding base salary levels, appropriate grade assignment, total compensation opportunity, and/or hiring ranges for a given position. Oversees the participation of compensation surveys or special compensation studies for purposes of maintaining the company's competitive position within the market place. This may require creation of market-specific surveys, establishment of target audience, communications, data collection, analysis, and feedback on results.
- 3. Participate in various compensation-related projects which involve revision, development and/or re-design of existing compensation programs. This includes high-level project management, partnering with appropriate internal and external resources, and ensuring that projects are on-time and on-budget, while achieving desired goals and objectives.
- 4. Ensure that the administration of various compensation programs are in compliance with established guidelines, processes, and procedures. This may include programs such as incentive compensation, annual merit review cycle, geographic differential, shift differential, etc.
- 5. Work closely with the Benefits function to ensure that the total compensation and rewards programs are complimentary and meet the unique requirements needs of the various business units and employee groups. This includes at least annual reviews of programs and requirements, identification of gaps, recommendations for improvements, and cost-benefit analysis.
- 6. Provides guidance and recommendations on process and workflow improvements related to the compensation elements of the HRIS. Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the data in the HRIS. Partners with the HRIS team to ensure that appropriate measurements are identified and data is gathered for use by the compensation department. Oversees the development of meaningful reports which will be utilized by Senior Leadership and guide decisions.
- 7. Oversees the development of a comprehensive compensation training program to provide YNHHS managers with the education and tools needed to ensure the consistent and accurate application of compensation policies and procedures. Responsible for managing the delivery of this training to managers across the health system using various forms of communication, including live, in-person training, written communication materials and leveraging technology (webinars, e-learning, etc.).
- 8. Keeps abreast of trends within the market regarding compensation issues and legislative or regulatory trends.
Bachelor degree with concentration in Human Resources, Business, or related field required
8 years experience in the compensation field, with 2 years experience in a leadership role strongly preferred. Additional experience within the Human Resources profession is desirable.
Certified Compensation Professional, preferred
Demonstrated ability to effectively lead the work of others. Demonstrated ability to mentor and effectively develop staff to ensure the department functions at an optimal level. Analytical and quantitative skills in developing compensation design proposals and associated budget projections. Excellent oral and written communication, planning, organizational and project management skills. Ability to make sound decisions or recommendations based on research or review of complex information. Ability to interpret complex material from various sources including government regulations.